I don't think this will happen anytime soon. For this to happen, Google will need to get back to the drawing board and completely ditch the link evaluating/counting process. It is inaccurate and no longer valid nowadays due to the massive growth in junk.
Someone on this thread (or earlier thread) has mentioned
that maybe google should ignore links age and simply count the number of incoming links to every site regardless of their origin or age. IMO, this wouldn’t work as well. If they do, then the G serps will be directly influenced by Yahoo serps (e.g., if you enjoy top positions on yahoo then your link end up on thousands of yahoo scrapper sites which will directly affect the number of incoming links you have).
As i said earlier, to my opinion google's algo is busted due to it's reliance on determining relevancy and quality via the quality and number of incoming links. This no longer works.
What they should be doing realy is:
1. First determine a site's age, note the date a site was first discovered. This will help to determine who is copying content from who. With the original site getting more "credit points" then the sites copying it’s content (your good old scrappers).
2. Give much more credit to incoming links from quality sources like dmoz and other human review directories.
3. count the number of incoming links to a site on a page by page basis and not domain wide.
4. Google should start their very own human review process. I would have started an online webmasters recruiting site. Recruit around 4000 webmasters and let one thousand of them review 10 sites per day paying something like 50 cents per site reviewed. Rotate the group, hence, let a different group of thousand webmasters review 10 sites per day and then use a different group every week to ensure a democratic process of reviewing and ranking. With googl's almost unlimited monetary resources i don’t see what is the problem of starting this type of human review process ALLREADY, they can use it for their own ranking process as well as sell access to results to other companies.
5. Better design the scarper (keyword stuffed, no content, full of outgoing links) detection mechanism. Penalize an discount all the outgoing links detected on these pages (emphasis on pages, page by page basis).
6. Put more resources into HUMAN review
7. Put more resources into HUMAN review
8. Put more resources into HUMAN review
9. Put more resources into HUMAN review
10. Put more resources into HUMAN review
11. Put more resources into HUMAN review
And last but not least, Put more resources into HUMAN review.
Their current algo is BUSTED and doe’s not work the way intended. It is massively being influenced by Yahoo serps right now.
Smile Yahoo PHDs, smile.....you are dragging google down. How simple that was?