Steps I have taken to clean up my site and make it Googlebot friendly.
- Ran the W3C Markup Validation Service and fixed the majority of tag related errors. Some of the links with '?' and '&' were too numerous to address now. The majority of other links are SEO.
- Cleaned up up my Description and keyword tags to no be spammy.
- Created an RSS xml news file and registered my site with Pingomatic. Read this tip in this thread.
- I have Google AdSense ads on my pages. Not sure if that helps.
- Installed the Google Toolbar on my Firefox and went to a site that had my link and followed it thorugh. Read here the clicking may be being tracked by Google via the Toolbar plug-in. Not sure. It's a little like voodoo to me.
Well that is it for now. Next month I plan to setup my site via the Google AdWords campaign.
oh, here is my robots.txt file: Is this acceptable for Google?