| 12:00 pm on Feb 19, 2004 (gmt 0)|
I've had a similar experience last month, site was launched on the 14th of january, two links from pr6 and pr7 websites created on the 15th of january.
the new site was listed on google on the 17th of january, i don't think it is related to Brandy, links on highly crawled websites get the new website to be crawled very fast
| 12:27 pm on Feb 19, 2004 (gmt 0)|
I believe what you are seeing is the "fresh" listings in Google. It is not so unusual to be in the index with in a day or two after a site/page is created as long as it has inbound links from other pages already listed with page rank. You can expect those "fresh" listings to get bounced around, sometimes dropped as more fresh pages come in.
| 12:32 pm on Feb 19, 2004 (gmt 0)|
I think my site is now subject to the volatility associated with new sites. When I checked this morning most KWs had dropped dramatically. Hopefully it will recover when things settle.
Anyone know how long it takes for a new site to find its slot in the SERPs? (I am talking here of its slot in the current scheme of things. I appreciate that it is always subject to change.)
| 12:44 pm on Feb 19, 2004 (gmt 0)|
Well, fresh listing or not it is still there over a month later, and positions have been getting better end better.
I'm not sure the Old seperation between Fresh/permanent listing still exists...
how can fresh listings show backlinks immediately after they get crawled? aren't they supposed to become available months after a page has been indexed
| 3:27 pm on Feb 19, 2004 (gmt 0)|
I have a similar experience and 'been' getting constantly the fresh tag ever since and a new site at that. More mysteriously, the site has no inbound link to it, beats me but I like it :)
| 3:40 pm on Feb 19, 2004 (gmt 0)|
The last site I put up took 24 hours to show up in Google, then say another 24 hours for 100 pages to show up. But a week later all but the home page were gone.
58 are now showing up.
| 3:53 pm on Feb 19, 2004 (gmt 0)|
I have a new domain that was also picked up in record time. Over the weekend of the Brandy update, I changed the title tag. The site was spidered that night and the next morning had a fresh tag and the new title. The new title was there for 2 days, and as of yesterday, it's back to the old title tag.
At the same time I changed the title tag, I added a second new domain and linked from the first domain. That second site was indexed and allinurl found the home page the next day.
Again, as of yesterday, that second site cannot be found with allinurl.
I've checked a bunch of Google IP's and they all give me the old title and can't find the new site at all. I'm confused.