Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Forum Moderators: open
I dont know what to do i have sent google 10 - 15 emails and submitted a number of reports to Google Guy. I guess me and you (Wanna_learn) are expendable.
joined:Nov 3, 2002
If many have a problem of "slow Death", why dont report here?
Super_Seo, yeah its a clear indication of a Bug in Google!
My site suffers from "slow-death" symptoms as well. Newly added pages are found, however without title and description. Old pages lose their title and decription. First I thought this had something to do with my pages using database content, which might not be always within cache, thus delivering not the entire content neccessary for full-indexing. Then I saw I used a "revisit after 14 days" metatag, which might worsen problem since Google would be told to revisit cache content that might not actually be available. So I banned this tag from my pages.
However, having read all your posts, I figure this is indeed a Google problem and that all we can do is sweat out the run...
[edited by: Brett_Tabke at 2:12 pm (utc) on Nov. 22, 2003]
[edit reason] no specifics please. [/edit]
yeah you are certainly not alone to see this slow death! Loads of people too wondering, what exactly happened?
several of them got out of by shifting from GoDaddy Servers, but I still feel the problem is smth. else.
Hope somebody say a Word of wisdom on this topic.
BUT news flaash maybe all my whining and complaining has forced some action.
Friday i moved my site over to a new machine and put it on a new IP and WHALA 815 pages are back in the index.
AND my PR is back! :)
The pages are over 14 months old, in fact 70% dont even longer exist :( :( :( :( :( and the Googlebot is still no where to be found :(
The index page is gone although its PR is still back strong. WHAT ARE YOU DOING GOOGLE! playing with my mind!
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with posting concerns, it often needs to be done. I am only answering the question, and giving the reasons i did not post here... untill now ;)
The site is in 2 flavours 800x600 and 1024x768 and users are redirected accordingly.
Of course there is dup. content - all meta tag fields and <noframes> tags contained in the frames pages are the same for each individual set of pages.
After reading this thread looks like google is clamping down hard on dup pages, no question about it, althought this problem has only occured to a 1/4 of the pages on the site.
The Google index contains two types of pages--fully indexed and partially indexed pages. Your page is currently partially indexed, which means that although we know about your site, our robots have not read all the content on your page(s) in past crawls. This does not adversely affect your PageRank or your inclusion in our index. It does mean that we don't 'know' what to call your page, so it gets listed with the URL as the title and no description.
We appreciate the frustration this causes webmasters who work hard to make their sites accessible to users. We are working to increase the number of fully indexed pages in our search results to alleviate this problem.
It's nice to know we are not alone and that Google are thinking about us;)
I've changed hosts, IPs, servers everything its a nightmare.
This site is 95% content and used to place in the top 5 for hundreds of information content driven key words :( all gone gone.
I can't understand it, the most authoritive and unique site on the web for one of the top industries on the web. And nothing from my google support cries.
I can't even redirect these they just return a 403 error. Its a nightmare all over again
Below is a sample of what the result looks like
Equatorial Bangi Selangor - Guaranteed best deals ...
[b]-- Select country -- -- Select city ...[b]
www.mysite.com/turkey/ankara/cars/fiat.htm - 68k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages
the highlighted stuff is at the top of the page in a shared border in a java script drop down box. but it doesnt show any other text of the actual product on the page
all 14 listings like this. and some are again https for somecompletely unexplainable reason.
And as large as I've (n)ever been.
Last week I wrote a little note to Google, friendly asking them if there could be something going on. That may or may not have helped, but most of my pages are suddenly back with FULL title and description... (gasping for air).
Now just hoping this will last...