I hope I posted this in the right place :)
I have a site that I am developing in .asp. I am always fooling around with my recordsets and I constantly change them because well, I don't like the way the URL's look. You see in the beginning, I created recordsets that retrieved information on a product's Name, so they looked like this:
As you can see, it looked really messy and this sometimes made the URL's really long depending on the product-line name. (I have a function where a user can email a URL to a friend and sometimes the script used didn't pick up the entire URL so most times it didn't work)
So what I did was create another column in my database and assigned an ID number to all the Product lines. This made my URL's much nicer and looked friendlier. For example, they now look like this:
However, now that I did this, google still has my site indexed in the old manner and whenever a person clicks on a URL in google's SERP the user just gets a blank open browser window! (Though before when they clicked they would get an ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bcd'
Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.)
Anyway, it should be noted that I have very few links on my site to other sites but yet google is the only one who indexed it. I truely wasn't ready to have them index my site until other sections were completed not to mention no other SE has my site indexed. Is this something I should worry about or just perhaps wait and then google would re-index everything another time.
Sorry if this seems long.