u have spyware installed .. get adware
... or even better, Spybot.
Are you on Comcast cable? There are a lot of people in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area which cannot access www.google.com.
Comcast says google is having problems.
I haven't been able to access their site for five days now. I can access via IP and by going directly to a datacenter (www-in, etc.) but cannot resolve to them.
>Comcast says google is having problems.
No, it is Comcast with the problem. Sounds like their DNS is hosed.
I have been able to access Google through AOL, both when using my Comcast cable modem to sign on to AOL and when using the telephone modem to sign on to AOL, but, going on line with Comcast as my ISP, I cannot access Google either with IE or Netscape.
Going on through AOL by telephone line (that is, bypassing Comcast altogether), I can then use IE to get to Google, but when signing on to AOL with the Comcast cable modem, I can not get to Google with IE - only with AOL's browser.
This makes me think that the problem is with Comcast, even though the Comcast tech help guy said it was not. He sent me on a wild goose chase, leading me to spend hours looking for something on my machine which he said was causing the lack of access to Google.
Maybe someone in that Comcast IP block was running some bots that Google didn't like and Google firewalled/blocked that IP block.
If memory serves, something similar to that has happened with Comcast & Google in the past.
Oh, I know Comcast has the problem, but they just say it is Google.
I went to Comcast Support's Live Chat (which hung on me three times) and they said the problem is not with Comcast or Google but somewhere in between, in the "network" they use to get to Google. I couldn't get any more specific information out of them. I aked them to post a notice that the problem exists so that thousands of people don't waste their time wondering what's going on. They refused.
The problem is still there this morning.
Does anyone from Comcast ever respond to these posts?
|I heard a number of people with this problem were able to connect to www.466453.com (it's an alternate G domain) even as they were unable to get to the main G site.|
Have you tried any of the specific data centers?
I can reach a specific datacenter, but cannot reach google.com proper. This really hurts because I use google's groups search which I can't get into without resolving the main domain.
I also contacted Comcast on chat and was told I had to wait until "my IP" changed in 7 days. When I asked why I was told because we can't upgrade the request until 7 days has past. When I inquired how my changing my IP affects a DNS/routing issue they hung up on me too.
I chatted back to another person who actually gave some information:
I was told most of PA cannot get to Google and it was a router problem, however it was not Comcast's router. The person I spoke with said they would escalate the request "again".
I was also told to check back in 24 hours. So until then Google is inaccessible to PA.
Similar problems with Comcast in Los Angeles too.
Huh. If anyone is willing, could you send an email to webmaster [at] google.com with some info:
- the ip address that www.google.com resolves to
- a traceroute/mtr (even better)
That might give us enough to debug it. I doubt it's a problem on our end, but we'd be happy to check it out though. Thanks in advance if anyone is able to send that on..
I sent the information. Basically the last I was told is that they know about it, but it isn't their (Comcast) fault still...
To fix Google and other search engine probs.
Go to www.tomcoyote.com
Download Hijackthis, save to desktop (Or elsewhere)
Run the scan.
From the resulting Logfile tick all boxes starting with 01.
Click on Fix/Repair
DO NOT tick any other boxes other than the ones starting with 01.!!!
(You will see that they are all search engines)
|other search engine probs |
Will it fix my lack of PR problem ;)
Just FYI, the domain above should be tomcoyote.org
It could be the new Trojan that's just recently been seen in the wild...
It messes with your DNS settings and tries to redirect accesses to most search engines to its own.
The site actually is www.tomcoyote.org, not .com