|Having problem with nameserver change|
| 10:43 am on Nov 14, 2000 (gmt 0)|
A request was sent on Wednesday the 8th of November to Network Solutions to change the host info for a site, and as of today, Tuesday the 14th, it has not yet been done. Is this normal for them, or does it need to be redone or questioned?
I use another registrar, and it's practically instantaneous, so I'm not sure of what's normal with them.
| 1:57 pm on Nov 14, 2000 (gmt 0)|
I did one with them back in August and it ended up being a nightmare. After numerous emails, it had turned out some part of their system wasn't working quite right and someone finally personally saw to it that it got done. All that I've done with other registrars have worked like a charm on the first go-round.
Maybe NS has let their size get the better of them?
| 6:44 am on Nov 17, 2000 (gmt 0)|
I waited two full weeks for a domain to be updated. Last week I finally got tired of waiting and just transfered the domain to another registrar.
| 5:31 am on Nov 22, 2000 (gmt 0)|
It took almost two years to change a domain of mine with NSI. Needless to say it is on my other registrar now.
However, a company that purchased a domain from me paid NSI that $199 expediting fee and the domain was change right then.
| 1:23 pm on Nov 22, 2000 (gmt 0)|
Billy, $199!! Wow - that seems to be the favorite number for online extortion.
After a full two weeks nothing happened, with doing the change in her name as admin contact, and the tech contact doing it also (he runs a big crafts mall). I took the advice here and walked the lady through today on ICQ changing registrars. It was confirmed within 15 minutes by the new registar, and the crafts guy sent the confirmation also. Now NS has 5 days to confirm - the holiday might hold it up, but here's hoping.
If they don't respond, I'll call the constituency people at the congressman's office and make some noise. There oughtta be a law!
| 1:19 am on Nov 28, 2000 (gmt 0)|
Thanks Brett, problem is solved. In spite of the holiday weekend, the domain is already transferred to another registrar, and it just took about one minute to make the nameserver change.
Seems the easiest way to do business with NSI is to leave them.