I think you're right that porn on the .com would cause headaches for other tld's of the same name.
But if it's a really, reeeeeally good name for what you'd like to do, don't give up too easily. Consider grabbing the .co.uk domain while it's available, then hold your nose and see if you could negotiate to buy the .com domain.
You'd need to ponder whether the .com's history would cause lasting negative effects that you couldn't overcome, though.
If that doesn't work, then yes, it's back to the drawing boards.
Msg#: 3639 posted 11:46 am on Mar 25, 2006 (gmt 0)
2 months ago i started making my site, i found that a super good .org was available and i didnt buy it, i tought ill save few days(stupid fo me) , soon as i was going to actually buy it it had been taken, i ahd to remade the whole site....