Hi, I am new in SEO and cloaking (sorry for my poor english).
I am owning a site mysite.com with keyword: keyword1.
This is what i am planning to do:
1) creat a page: 'thispage.html' contains keyword2 ( - related to my field but not match my site content), and optimize the page for this keyword.
2) put this page under my top domain, that is mysite.com/thispage.html and create a hidden link from my index page to this page, in order to let search engine crawl thispage.html
4) repeat step 1-3 to create a few pages that are optimized for keyword3, keyword4, keyword5 ... all the keywords are related to my field but I don't want to show them on my site content.
the reason why i want to do this is i have noticed that keyword2, keyword3 ... (which is related to my field but for some reason I don't want to show it on my site) have been search a lot times daily. And i want to take this advantage by creating these 'bridge' pages (I can call them doorway page right?). Once people search for keyword2, 3,4... they find my optimized page thispage.html (assume they are in SERP), and they will be instantly redirect to my index page. So i get more traffic by doing so.
But i have some questions not sure:
1) Will I be penalized by google or yahoo by doing so? assume my competitors never notice about my thispage.html
2) Does it help to improve my site ranking for my main keyword (keyword1) in the long run?
3) Will i be penalized by putting hidden links and text in my index.html? using css display:none
4) Can this be called 'cloaking'? or 'doorway page'?