OK, here's the deal. I've just ftped a new version of a site up to a new Zeus server, and when I visit the site to check that everything's OK I notice that some of the files remain unchanged. When I examine the files on the server, they are, as they should be - the latest files.
What's causing this? It's not caching on my client end, but it feels like a cache problem of some sort higher up.
I used a Zeus web server on a site hosted by ICOM. Zeus is just web server software and not hosting your site in any way.
Once the pages are loaded onto the server they should work right away. It shouldn't cache the pages on the server side. I would clear the history on the client side computer and give it another try. If that doesn't work try uploading the pages one at a time.
One thing I noticed with Zeus. When FTPing a large number of files the permissions are often left empty. Take a look at that as well.
Thanks everone. It's definetely not a client side problem, but thanks anyway - I deleted everything, left it for a while and then recopied everything back on and all of the pages work now. I think the Zeus web server uses some sort of cache, so that the files being served up are not necessarily the same as the ones on the server.