homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 54.167.138.53
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Pubcon Platinum Sponsor 2014
Home / Forums Index / WebmasterWorld / Ecommerce
Forum Library, Charter, Moderators: buckworks

Ecommerce Forum

    
storefront 5.0 VB Script error
mrw0253

5+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4961 posted 3:22 pm on Mar 24, 2006 (gmt 0)

I've got this program working perfectly except for one error. When a product search expands to more than one page I get this error when going to "next page"

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: '[string: ""]'

/search_results.asp, line 63

Does anyone have any idea of what I should look for in the VB script?
Here is a subsection of the area involved:

sALLSUB = Request.item("txtsearchParamCat")
iLevel = Request.item("iLevel")
if ilevel = 2 and sALLSUB = "ALL" then
sSubCat = Request.item("subcat")
end if
' Requests the variables depending on how the page is entered
If txtFromSearch = "fromSearch" Then
txtsearchParamTxt= trim(Replace(Replace(Request.Form("txtsearchParamTxt"), "'", "''"), "*", ""))
txtsearchParamType= trim(Request.Form("txtsearchParamType"))
if Ilevel = 2 and sALLSUB = "ALL" then
txtsearchParamCat= sSubCat
Ilevel = 1
else
txtsearchParamCat= trim(Request.QueryString("txtsearchParamCat"))
end if
txtsearchParamMan= trim(Request.Form("txtsearchParamMan"))
txtsearchParamVen= trim(Request.Form("txtsearchParamVen"))
txtDateAddedStart= MakeUSDate(trim(Request.Form("txtDateAddedStart")))
txtDateAddedEnd = MakeUSDate(trim(Request.Form("txtDateAddedEnd")))
txtPriceStart= trim(Request.Form("txtPriceStart"))
txtPriceEnd = trim(Request.Form("txtPriceEnd"))
txtSale= trim(Request.Form("txtSale"))
Else
txtsearchParamTxt= trim(Replace(Replace(Request.QueryString("txtsearchParamTxt"), "'", "''"), "*", ""))
txtsearchParamType= trim(Request.QueryString("txtsearchParamType"))
if Ilevel = 2 and sALLSUB = "ALL" then
txtsearchParamCat= sSubCat
Ilevel = 1
else
txtsearchParamCat= trim(Request.QueryString("txtsearchParamCat"))
end if

 

mattglet

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4961 posted 1:19 pm on Mar 26, 2006 (gmt 0)

Can you paste line 63?

digicam

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4961 posted 10:10 pm on Mar 27, 2006 (gmt 0)

Are you deploying storefront5.0 from Lagarde?

mrw0253

5+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4961 posted 5:29 pm on Mar 28, 2006 (gmt 0)

I found a work-around. I edited the search_results asp script to include 100 items per page so that changing pages wasn't necessary - I just scroll instead. The problem is in the "call" parameters for search_results.asp. Here's what it looks like for page 1:

"http://mywebsite/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=ALL &txtsearchParamType=ALL&iLevel=1&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL &txtFromSearch=fromSearch&btnSearch.x=13&btnSearch.y=13"

When trying to view page 2 the "ALL" parameters are missing.Apparantly the search_results.asp needs values and therefore would not load. Initially, search_results.asp is set to only show 10 items, I increased to to 100 thereby avoiding the problem.

BTW, this is Lagarde's storefront 5 (seems like some kind of bug to me)

[edited by: jatar_k at 5:13 pm (utc) on Mar. 30, 2006]
[edit reason] added spaces to url to stop sidescroll [/edit]

Reflect

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4961 posted 10:17 pm on Mar 28, 2006 (gmt 0)

I used 5 for a while. I don't recall getting that error out of the box. I would back out each mod made one by one for that page until it works. It has been a few years though. Why aren't you on 6 if just starting?

Take care,

Brian

Reflect

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4961 posted 8:14 pm on Mar 29, 2006 (gmt 0)

As an afterthought I would rename search_results.asp to something else. Then from your install files grab the "stock" search_results.asp and test with that. If it works then you know it is something that was modded on search_results.asp and I would revert back to my last posts advise.

HTH,

Brian

mrw0253

5+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4961 posted 5:10 pm on Mar 30, 2006 (gmt 0)

Brian, thanks for the replies. I tried your idea and the same problem occurs with the native search_results. The error is obviously a vbscript error. I'm only a novice at deciphering the program so I'm just going to leave it by allowing a large number of products per page. It works fine this way and franky its easier to scroll through one page than navigate through many.

Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  
 

Home / Forums Index / WebmasterWorld / Ecommerce
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved