homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 54.166.53.169
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Pubcon Platinum Sponsor 2014
Home / Forums Index / WebmasterWorld / Ecommerce
Forum Library, Charter, Moderators: buckworks

Ecommerce Forum

    
According to a report, "Shoppers choose Google"
engine

WebmasterWorld Administrator engine us a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month



 
Msg#: 4708 posted 1:02 pm on Jan 12, 2006 (gmt 0)

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Online shoppers picked Google Inc. as their search engine of choice this December while making their holiday Web purchases, according to a report issued on Wednesday. Internet measurement firm Hitwise found that 11.1 percent of all December shopping-related visits originated with Google, a 28 percent jump over last year. But online auction giant eBay Inc was the biggest driver of traffic to shopping sites, generating more than 13 percent of retail traffic.

Search engines Yahoo! Search and Microsoft Corp.'s MSN Search drove 4.05 percent and 0.79 percent of retail visits, respectively.


Shoppers choose Google [today.reuters.co.uk]

 

europeforvisitors



 
Msg#: 4708 posted 3:29 pm on Jan 12, 2006 (gmt 0)

The article says that 18.3% of traffic to shopping and classified sites originated with search engines. What about the remaining 81.7%? I wonder what the percentages were for PPC, repeat visitors, and traffic resulting from offline URL promotion and advertising?

Tapolyai

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4708 posted 3:39 pm on Jan 12, 2006 (gmt 0)

Does the study include Froogle into the Google numbers?

su7000

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4708 posted 7:57 pm on Jan 12, 2006 (gmt 0)

I think Froogle has to play a role. Look where the results sit.

cerebrum

5+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4708 posted 9:13 pm on Jan 12, 2006 (gmt 0)

I too search Google for shopping.

Essex_boy

WebmasterWorld Senior Member essex_boy us a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4708 posted 9:19 pm on Jan 12, 2006 (gmt 0)

I wonder how many search google for their shopping because its their defualt engine, and how many search google because its accurate.

That would be an interesting figure.

natural number

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4708 posted 1:31 am on Jan 13, 2006 (gmt 0)

I don't really use google too very much for shopping.

I use Amazon for books, newegg for hardware, and err uhmm eBay for hard to find stuff.. I guess I am alone in this.

ke1th

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4708 posted 10:06 am on Jan 13, 2006 (gmt 0)

Nothing against Google whatsoever but the majority of non webmaster people I know just use Google because 1. Its the default search page on their browser or 2. Google is the only search engine they know of. I'm sure there are other factors too.

I remember a time when Yahoo! and AltaVista were the only ones non web people knew. Ah, memories.

redstorm

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 4708 posted 12:14 pm on Jan 13, 2006 (gmt 0)

So google is everywhere on the internet :)

Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  
 

Home / Forums Index / WebmasterWorld / Ecommerce
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved