|Paysystems for cc processing?|
Hi, anybody used Paysystems to process cc's and checks ?
Are they good/bad ?
I'm sorry to say that I have never come across Paysystems, so I have no opinion on their service.
Someone out there must know them though?
A freelancer friend has used them for over a year & has nothing but good things to say about them.
I'm trying them out now.
So far they suck.
Tech support is really bad.
- Me: In your manual for payment script it has a parameter product1. What if I want to submit several products, do they go as product2 ... 3 ...?
- Tech: Well, I'm not a programmer so I can't help you there but you need to connect them using some character, I'm not sure which one.
- Me: What do you mean? Do I need to add all products as a value for parameter called product1?
- Tech: Well, as I said, I'm not a programmer so I can't tell you what to do, but you need to separate them somehow... Oh yeah, I think the character is "&"
- Me: So I my form should have a parameter product1 with values "My product One&My product Two"?
- Tech: Yeah.
- Me: Well, I just tried it and it does not work
- Tech: Hmm, well I can't see what you are doing so I can't help you since I'm not a programmer.
- Me: I'm not asking you for a programming advice. I need the info on your product. There is no way I can know how your script operates.
- Tech: Well, actually you can use any character you want to separate the products
- Me: Ok, again; if I want to submit two products to the payment script, what input name do I use? product1?
- Tech: You can use any name you want
- Me: Huh? How will the script know that it's a correct parameter?
- Tech: You can use any name
- Me: As a parameter name? Not just product1? Not the value, the parameter name?
- Tech: YES !
- Me: Hmm, OK. There is another parameter there called b_firstname, can I use fsdfsdfsd instead and it will still know that it's in fact an input with the first name for a billing address?
- Tech: What? The billing address has nothing to do with products !
- Me: That's not the point.
- Tech: I think you are confusing yourself, Sir.
- Me: Nevermind, what about option1 through option10 parameters, are they displayed anywhere on the payment page?
- Tech: Do you mean option1 to 5 or option1 to 10 cause thouse are different.
- Me:? In my manual it says option1 - option10. What do they do?
- Tech: .. ahh ... uhh.. ahh.. uhh... Hold on
- Tech2: Hi, option1 through option10 are passed to your script as postback
- Me: Ok, so they are not displayed anywhere on the payment page?
- Tech2: What do you mean? They are passed back to your script
- Me: So I can't use them to display custom info on the payment page? I can just use them to pass some of my data back to myself?
- Tech2: Yes, option1 - option10 are used to pass data to your script.
- Me: Ok, what about parameter called sku? Can I pass several sku's to the script?
- Tech2: sku? what parameter?
- Me: sku
- Tech2: I don't think you should use that parameter
- Me: It's in the manual
- Tech2: It does not work with your account type
- Me: It's in the manual for my account type. How am I supposed to pass the item numbers?
- Tech2: Hmm, uhh....ahh.. uhh... I don't think you should use that parameter
- Me: HMMM, ok. Since when are you in business?
- Tech2: Ahh...Umm..Ahh..Uhh..Ahh
- Me: The company, since when is it in business? Do you know that?
- Tech2: Umm... Ahhh... Uhhh.... 99 .. he-he umm... he-he
- Me: I see, well bye
- Tech2: Thank you for calling us. Please do not hesitate to call again if you have any questions/
- Me: Yeah, right. Bye.
I have been using them for some time, and am very happy with the service, any problems I have... I call the MD up and complain, that usually gets things solved.
payment is prompt, and charges are not too bad.
bear in mind that I only use the Virtual Terminal, as we have in-house security checks before requesting payment.
We are currently putting through around $100k a mth, and NOT a single charge back so far.
I went through 1 of their partners to get the account, and they have also been helpful along the way.
|bear in mind that I only use the Virtual Terminal |
That's the problem.
They told me that they don't offer vt to new customers.
And then, they told me that I need to sign up to try out the demo.
Then, I signed up.
After that, the demo didn't work.
They told me that I have to pay for the account and activate it to try it out. How ****** up is that?
So I paid to try the demo.
When I realized that the demo sucks - check out above, the log of my phone conversation with their tech support.
...Not a happy customer here.
Do you mean Revecom?
They use second name - Paysystems.
Well, I use them for online payments. Well, they are nice.
No problems from my end!
I'm a new customer (signed up with them about 2 weeks ago) and I have a virtual terminal. VT is only a IMA thing (a type of account for larger volumes that doesn't have the built in fraud protection)
I'm now getting the multi-currency thing setup... which is actually just 3 TTP accounts, one in each currency. These do not have a VT setup. So in essance, to get 3 currencies and a virtual terminal, you need 4 accounts. They are supposedly making a newer version that will have it all-in-one.
The thing I like about them is the mult-currency and the fact that they do all the fraud investigations for the TTP accounts so you're not resposible for chargebacks (or so they say). They have it setup so you know what was successfully authorized.... what is pending (their fraud investigation screening)... and what is fully approved, so you know when you're safe to ship.
I'll see how it goes, if it works well, I'll be using it on other sites I run.
Good luck :)
|so you're not resposible for chargebacks (or so they say) |
Chargebacks initialted by the merchant are $25 per transaction.
But that's not a problem, even if you get a merchant account for yourself it's still going to be $25 (paid to the processor).
as a former client, i say avoid paysystems like the plague. They're support is usuless (and often contridictory), their postback sysytem is completely useless, rendering all backend system useless as well.
theur fraud scrubbing is too harsh (commmon sense should tell you that "1st avenue" and "first avenue" are the same, with paysystem, that's a declined order! think of the sales you'll lose)
they also often contact your clients....and if they aren't 100% satisfied, they will refund theorder, no questions asked...now this can result in alot of lost money....items you've shipped, paid for shipped, then the sales cash gets returned.
don't waste your time with them, it'll only turn out bad for you
I am sorry to hear about these problems.
Personally I am very happy with Paysystems and shall continue using them.
Out of everyone I have used, they are the ONLY company who have done what they promised.
The rest have lied,cheated,ignored me etc etc.