It isn't clear to me why you advise changing the anchor from "top" to something else. This a component to an input page. The way it is structured there are 20 input boxes. Each input box has an anchor (which is structured the same way as the "top" anchor). Along the left side there is a list of twenty links with each associated to a different input box.
All twenty of those links work. What throws me is that for some reason the one link to the top of the page (which is scattered throughout the page) does not work like the others. Go figure.
Your solution worked. Here is my revised version:
<body> // This line deleted...<a name="top" id="top"></a>
As mention in a previous post there are twenty anchor links list in the navigation page. All of them are generated using PHP (#sec[$i]).
On one page there were only three anchor links in the navigation page (not including the link to the top of the page.) When they are hard coded as in: #reviews - #comments - #emails, they did not work in IE. However, when converted to the PHP system of (#sec[$i]) they do.
Nothing changes except for the name and id of the anchor links and in one case it will work in IE and in the other it won't. Both do work in FF however.
Obviously, there is an IE quirk at work here and if anyone has a clue to why it would make a difference to generate the links dynamically would mean success, please clue me in.
I didn't advise it. I asked you if you had TRIED it.
Sometime set up a series of mouseover images and name one of the image objects "search", as in img name="search". Your mouseovers on that ONE OBJECT won't work until you change it to srch or searcha or something else. I never found out why, but it's something to know.
The name "top" is used to reference a browser window object and may very well be interferring with your links.
It certainly wouldn't hurt to try. I use "theTop".