Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52 , register , free tools , login , search , pro membership , help , library , announcements , recent posts , open posts Become a Pro Member
Pesky layers in Netscape 4 and 6 Real fix for dreamweaver functions? joshie76 msg:589517 12:42 pm on Apr 17, 2001 (gmt 0) The show/hide layers function in Dreamweaver 3 didn't work for Netscape 6 until I found a well documented fix on the internet somewhere....
rather than paste it here you can find it on our site in
[URL snipped. Be better to paste it joshie76, avoids the file download prompt, thanks. NFFC]
My problem is it only kind of works - it seems unable to handle showing and hiding multiple layers in one command.
Anybody got around this? To see the menus in action see profile.
Thanks in advance
David msg:589518 5:35 pm on Apr 17, 2001 (gmt 0)
I did not use the show/hide function in DW3, but I have worked with DW4. The only problem I had with mutiple layers was the layer names need to be unique for the first few letters of the layer name or it gets confused. The function does not check the whole string. Another words mylayer1 and mylayer2 are treated as the same where as 1mylayer and 2mylayer did work. This was only a problem when I had lots of named layers. I don't know if this helps but it caused me problems. knighty msg:589519 7:53 am on Apr 18, 2001 (gmt 0)
There is a pack on the Macromedia site which tackles this exact problem, there is also an extension whih does the same thing.
I have DW4 and used lots of hiding/showing and not had any probs after downloading the patch from Macromedia.