| 10:31 am on Feb 6, 2003 (gmt 0)|
10. Poorly maintained forums (If you're gonna have one then look after it!).
11. FAQ's that are sales pitches (ie Where can I buy more of your widgets) and not really FAQ's.
12. Seeing my competitors doing better than me (fortunately not too much of an issue these days! :)).
| 10:36 am on Feb 6, 2003 (gmt 0)|
1. Flash intros
3. and all the ones you said :)
| 11:18 am on Feb 6, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Online homepage editors. It's not so bad now, but occasionally I still run across a site that has a neon green background with red text. Oy.
| 11:51 am on Feb 6, 2003 (gmt 0)|
1. Auto-generated filler nonsense, especially when I'm trying to find the answer to a real question. If you want to auto-generate, please pick some source materials that are at least in the ballpark for your main site, not Moby Dick or an instruction manual!
2. Dead end pages, especially with a broken Back Button
3. 404 on a Contact Information page
| 12:22 pm on Feb 6, 2003 (gmt 0)|
1. Poor customer service where the mentality is that is not my prob you need to contact X.
2. Sites that do not accept directly credit cards.
3. Articles that do not have a date showing how un / valid they are.
4. Affiliate sites
| 12:47 pm on Feb 6, 2003 (gmt 0)|
1. Folks getting paid to design websites when they obviously don't know what their doing.
2. Pages filled with animated gifs that were (supposedly) professionally designed.
3. Pages filled with animated gifs (I don't care who designed 'em).
4. Popups when you're trying to leave a site.
5. Websites that crash my browser.
| 12:54 pm on Feb 6, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Pages filled with grammar and spelling mistakes
Pages "translated" by an automatic translation tool
| 12:57 pm on Feb 6, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Sites that doesn't work in Mozilla or other free standards compliant browsers.
| 12:58 pm on Feb 6, 2003 (gmt 0)|
- Forms that you cannot submit by using hitting return - this drives me potty!
- Flash intros
- Useless Flash
- Ambiguous links (no cues)
| 5:08 pm on Feb 6, 2003 (gmt 0)|
"Site updated January 2000"
| 5:18 pm on Feb 6, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Newspaper sites that arbitrarily reload the page while I'm reading. To the exact same data.
| 6:44 pm on Feb 6, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Popups that only appear in your task bar and the only way to close it is to press Alt-F4. While you try to figure this out, it redirects you to their site.
| 12:14 am on Feb 7, 2003 (gmt 0)|
1. Receptionists that do not have a clue
3. Automated messaging services that for this department press X etc.
And these are all web related, just the real side not virtual.
| 2:52 am on Feb 7, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Ditto of a few of yours:
Pop-ups that "fake" the non-client area so a second look is needed to close the "hassle ware."
The pop-ups that show the current User-agent (client IP) address to bait people into buying "protect-ware" drives me nuts.
"New" sites with tons of broken links.
Sites with myriad problems with Cust. Support e-mails links that are "dead."
Color schemes that make reading nearly impossible without grabbing the source and modifying it locally.
| 5:42 am on Feb 7, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Porno sites that show some really tasty piccies and then when you click on the "see next Pic" link you get a "for $5000 a month you can have unlimited access to this site."
Webmasters who think they can hide their source code. WHY WHY WHY? Its just HTML!
Pages that open full screen without a close button!
| 6:59 am on Feb 7, 2003 (gmt 0)|
<blink>Congratulations!</blink> Your[sic] the 0000000357th visitor to to our page since April 27, 1997
| 11:35 am on Feb 7, 2003 (gmt 0)|
This page is optimized for a resolution of 1024*768 or higher, 16Bit
| 12:00 pm on Feb 7, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Congratualtions You Have Won a Prize.
Those boxes which look like windows promts i.e "You have a message Waiting" or "We have detected your connection to the internet is not optimized" and the offer OK buttons.
Words underlined that are NOT links at all
| 1:42 pm on Feb 7, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Websites where the forms only work in one specific browser. Especially when you're trying to change domain information and need to contact the company.
Also, sites that try to dictate what browser/resolution/etc. I should be using to view their site!