Well, it's been a while... My first attempt at aff. marketing failed blatantly, but that is because I picked a way too competetive market. To help me get started, I have some questions for those who earn a decent amount of money doing aff. marketing / adsense business. I do not want to be intrusive and am not asking you to reveal your personal secrets, but some pointers would be very nice, since I am terribly motivated :)
1. Where did you start? Where did you get your info? All from webmasterworld.com or a book or...?
2. How did you start? Which kind of site did you run? A review site? Content? Or just a bare-bones front end to another merchant?
3. How do you make your sites? Do you use dynamic scripting (PHP/ASP), or pure HTML? What about product feeds?
4. How did you find your niche? Did you use overture tools or..? Which tools did you use?
5. For those of you with consumer review sites: where did you get your reviews? Amazon? Or did you actually buy stuff / subscribe to some list?
6. For those with content sites, how did you obtain your content? Did you write out of your personal interest, did you buy it or...?
7. How did you go about link development? Did you trade with others or did you set up your own network of sites?
8. How much did you initially invest?
I know it's alot, but even if you can answer a few of these questions, I owe you a great many thanks!