| 12:21 pm on Jun 11, 2000 (gmt 0)|
Very nice Brett!
It is interesting that canada.com shows different results (86 links) to Anz (zero links). I checked this on one site and the reason for no linkage on Anz appears to be the radio button option selection was Australia, not World.
I checked another and canada.com and anz showed no links. Actually, canada had 24 links and Anz had 30 (when selecting the world option).
Is the radio button option on anz meant to opererate this ay? Are you trying to show the australian sites linking, or world sites?
Happy to do some more testing on other urls and share more detailed results if you wish.
Good work Brett.
| 2:09 pm on Jun 11, 2000 (gmt 0)|
I notice that if there are no links, not all SE fields will display zero.
Linkage report for: www.searchenginebase.com/
Engine Links Search Cached
AltaVista x AltaVista
Infoseek x Infoseek
HotBot 0 x HotBot
Google x Google
MSN x MSN
Lycos 0 x Lycos
Anzwers 0 x Anzwers
Canada 0 x Canada
| 2:38 pm on Jun 11, 2000 (gmt 0)|
Works perfectly on .com .co.uk and .net
I've had this problem with Anzwers when checking if a site is listed. Every time it defaults back to Australia.
| 3:26 pm on Jun 11, 2000 (gmt 0)|
Ok, adjusted Anzwers to restrict the results to 'world links'. I thought I had that set - guess not. (Thanks). I wish I could figure out how to remove the links from within the site because they return both inbound and inner site links. Anyone know if that is possible? I've tried a slew of combinations and can't find one. You can do "-domain:www.xyz.com", but that doesn't work for people who use a full url.
0 should be fixed now - thanks - I hadn't noticed that.
I just wanted to get a few other Inktomi engines in the mix, because Hotbot's results are so suspect. Try a power search for links within a domain that has a - dash in its name.
| 3:41 pm on Jun 11, 2000 (gmt 0)|
I did seem to get a problem with Hotbot links
I tried three of my sites
The first and the last of those showed zero links from Hotbot, but when I clicked the link to Hotbot, that was showing a substantial number of links.
| 4:46 pm on Jun 11, 2000 (gmt 0)|
It doesn't appear to make any difference whether there's a dash (or even 2) in the domain or not.
| 12:21 am on Jun 12, 2000 (gmt 0)|
looks good Brett. I was getting some funky results for lycos and hotbot last week. The results were laid out weird and actually the lycos results (top 10) were showing up instead of just the total links. Seems to working better now. Thanks for creating the tool. I use it alot.
| 9:19 am on Jun 12, 2000 (gmt 0)|
Thanks David. Fixed.
Try the power search for 'links to this url' on hotbot oldtimer - use a full url to a destination page. It is never right except for base level domains.
I've thought about adding a 'hotbot2' for doing the two versions, but we are slow enough as it is now. That Anzwers is so slow at times.
Oil; that was part of what prompted me to update things was the messed up results. It is hard to track when the se's change formats. It isn't something I can monitor.