Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
Does anybody know what the trick is to get into DMOZ?
1. Have a site that has good valuable content that is better than the sites already listed (otherwise whats the point of listing it?)
2. Write a perfect guideline compliant description and title (best way to get an editors attention in the pool of submitted sites)
3. Submit ONCE to the ONE best category (don't resubmit unless an editor tells you; BUT, maybe submit to a regional category as well)
4. After one month check at the relevant forum to make sure the submission got through (tech problems do happen from time to time)
5. Move on; forget about it; there is nothing more that can be done; don't obsess over it; spend your time improving the site and promoting it through other means.