I have a domain called www.example1.com Recently, I added a second domain called example2.com. My Host allows you to have a number of additional domains, but here is the problem:
1. My normal home page is default.htm. I had to create a default.asp page in example1.com with the following redirects:
if InStr(sname,"example2") <> 0 then
elseif InStr(sname,"example1") <> 0 then
2. I had to create a new directory in the root of example1.com, called example2.
3. When the redirection occurs to example2, the address bar shows "example2.com/example2"
When submitting example2.com to search engines, I have the following choices:
1. Specify example2.com
2. Specify example2.com/example2
3. Specify example1.com/example2
Because example2 is a subweb and at the same time a different domain, I'm not sure how to define it to the search engines. Also, using Google, nothing shows up for any of the above 3 specifications or any combination of my keywords when searching for example2. However, when I go to example1.com/example2, all my pages get a PageRank of 4 in Googel.
Does anyone know which way I should submit to search engines and why I'm getting a pageRank of 4 when it can't find example2 in every way defined and can't find any keywords? It almost sounds as if it's not worth having extra domains associated with the root domain, due to the problems i'm having.
[edited by: heini at 1:30 am (utc) on Nov. 6, 2002]
[edit reason] no urls/specifics as per TOS & Charter please / Thanks! [/edit]