The search for quality
I would like the tool to hunt out similar websites, check if it has a links page, find out how many pages the link page is linked from, how many links currently residing on the links page, and reject the prospective partners who have 50 or more links on a page (configurable).
The last step would be to gather contact information for qualified sites.
For smaller campaigns
It would put the report in a spreadsheet.
For larger campaigns
It would drop this information into a database suitable for a mass mailing.
1. Retrieve PR of site home page
2. Retrieve PR of link directory page
3. Retrieve Total number of links per page and Total internal links (to calculate total outbounds)
4. Loadable with multiple search strings such as "add a site" +keyterm and "add your site" +keyterm, loadable from a list, so that it can spider for days without stopping, nor have to be tended every 15 minutes
5. Be able to fill out forms requesting links
6. Be able to spider sites to confirm that recips exist, be able to enter a start URL so that it can go right to a target page first instead of spidering the whole site.
7. It should be installable both as a stand alone workstation app or as a server resident app accessible through a broswer capable of supporting 100 or more concurrent users, preferably coded in php using mySQL, be able to track statistics on users
8. It should be able to publish links prior to making a request, before the form is filled out or the email sent
9. Be able to fix published links to a page so that as additional links are added or removed the good ones (the reciprocated ones) don't move to another page thus causing the other site to think you stopped linking to them.
10. Be able to created nested or hierarchical categories, not be limited to a single category.
Should create link pages with the category name in the Title and for the H1 heading
11. Be able to publish links with leading and following descriptive text with the anchor in the middle, not just lead with the anchor.
12. Should be able to autodetect the PR of the page the link is being published on so that when the email is sent it automatically includes the PR of the page in the email for the invitee's information
13. It should not be able to run in bulk mail mode unless the listed site has already been reviewed and approved
neuron, you were born to link. ;-)
Go for it Crush, using Neuron's list, except I don't give a toss about PR
|I don't give a toss about PR |
I don't care much about it either, but oh so many people do. It's green, you can see it, and you can buy it.
All too often we see people post in these forums that they've got a PR7 page and 10,000 backlinks but someone with a PR3 and a measley 500 backlinks is kicking their SERPy butt. When you take a look, the 10,000 backlinks are coming from 5 unique domains (including their own) and the 500 links are all coming from unique domains.
PR and link popularity are two different things. When you have the latter, it's hard to beat, no matter what the PR of the other site.
Whether or not the page ranks within 100 in Google for the search term you are targeting.
Wasn't this thread about link development software?
Maybe I lost the thread...
Yeah, it was. Sorry, my bad.
Theoretical speculations on the process of getting links is a technically different subject matter than the features one might like to see in a linking soft, regardless of whether the process should drive the design, and should go in their own thread, but I hate starting threads, so I just hijack them.
> 1. Retrieve PR of site home page
> 2. Retrieve PR of link directory page
I would add "retrive Alexa ranking".
I know that here there are not too many Alexa fans, but it's one additional information.
-Absolutely no "footprints".
-Ability to run through proxy servers
Don't automate for the sake of automation.
At the risk of stating the obvious, I would concentrate on automating the parts of the process that are most amenable to automation--collecting relevant data and putting it into a format where a human being can quickly and easily make decisions and act on those decision.
3 more things good software could find:
who links to your competition
Identify Authorities in your area
Find Hubs in your area.
Is there a canned product that has even 51% of these features or must if be a custom build?
Why did you think I posted ;)
Custom Build. Once you've made the ultimage SEO tool, do you really want to give it to your competition? I've contemplated releasing some tools, but they are worth more to me than what I could get for them.
Back on topic..
* Reminders to check links and resubmit when links were not added or directory submissions rejected.
* Serverside code to automate placing links if you want to link to someone else.
I've built software over that past 6 months that does some things on Neuron's list.
It doesn't do any PR calculations because I don't care much for PR and it doesn't have a spider yet. Other than that, it does a lot of other things like:
1. Allowing different levels of user access/permissions
2. Keeps track of important metrics of link seekers like emails sent, emails converted, forms submitted, approved link partners, disapproved partners, pending recip link partners, etc.
3. Scalable to 1000s of websites on different hosts and 100s of link seekers.
4. Limits emails sent out to the same domain and allows recipients to opt-out.
5. Can import CSV files of websites/email addresses.
I built the software for the management of my own sites and I never thought about commercializing it. If you built custom software, would you keep it to yourself or commercialize it? Thus far, I thought it was a competitive advantage to keep the software to myself, but I also see value in having lots of webmasters use it.
I guess it depends on where you think you can make more money.
>>>>>Is there a canned product that has even 51% of these features or must if be a custom build?
How much do you reckon a tool incorporating all the features suggested would be worth per month & whats the likely potential number of users?
Can there be more than 500 people/geeks (such as myself) globally who would use a tool like this regularly?
Bearing in mind that this could also be used for some heavy duty online competitor/market analysis rather than just link building.
I came late to this thread but I'd wish that features:
1) Ability to paste html code to link other sites as well as detection of the anchor: url: description formula
That would be great help. Softwares like arelis forces you to manually enter url, anchor, description, even when you have a copy paste code to add 10 sites at once!
I't could be nice to add the code and have all those sites added in your database ready to link.
2)Ability to check your partners if they are linking to you entering the domain. Most of softwares detect the link when you put the exact url only. But link partners sometimes move your link (or delete it).