Using Linux you can have many versions installed. With Windows, I used to have more than one version with the zip download provided. I have the last firefox version (exe install)which has a profile in the folder application data/mozilla/firefox and a firebird version (zip) which has a profile in the folder application data/phoenix. Both work fine.
I installed to a different folder and it mucked up my default profile disabling all the extensions so I uninstalled it and then back in v0.9.1 the extensions still wouldn't work so I manually edited the chrome and extensions rdf files and got them re-enabled (couldn't seem to do it through tools>extensions)
Then copied the profile to to another name so V1.0 wouldn't disable them again then re-installed v1.0 to a seperate folder again ~ it's now fine ;)
Because, using some advice found on another here, I had already edited the max versions of the extensions in the RDF files while I was re-enabling them it works perfectly fine this time from the default profile