I have a complicated set up on my site that calls an image from the secure URL for tracking. I had a glitch in it a week ago on some Opera browsers that I thought I had it fixed. It doesnít seem to follow browser version or OS. It is a very unique set up in that at checkout from my shopping cart it includes, in the merchant email, the referrer URL, if a search engine then the keywords used, the browser and OS version and the entry page on the site. Someone on this board told me yesterday that is locked up an Opera version 6 browser. I checked it with a version 6 and it loaded just fine. I am looking for volunteers to check the link in my profile with an Opera browser and let me know if it loads or locks up. What version and the OS would be great. Thanks, Conard
I used Opera 6.0 and went through all the possible choices of User Agent. Trouble free with all of them.
I've hit sites where Opera crashed or stalled (usually crashed) but when I restarted and went right back to the same page, everything was fine. I'm assuming some combination of previous events caused a conflict, rather than the page itself. Could even be something specific to my particular system.
I went over this with a programmer friend of mine and the only way we could recreate this problem was to remove Opera and then download a new copy using a Download Assistant program. It looks like when the down load program breaks up the files something gets damaged in the process.
I canít see that the firewall would be a problem. I am also behind a firewall and Opera 6.0 has never had any problems. Even if you are behind a firewall and try Netscape or IE the problem never happens. It is something with Opera only and is not version specific. It either works or it freezes. If it works you can turn off cookies or change any other setting and it still works. I just canít narrow the problem down to anything that is common. Thanks for the help though. Conard