| 5:32 am on Jun 15, 2006 (gmt 0)|
I've been seeing Exabot-Images crawler occasionally recently. But I have Exabot disallowed in robots.txt plus my /images/ folder is disallowed and it has respected that consistently.
22.214.171.124 - - [15/Jun/2006:04:25:08 +1000] "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.1" 200 1622 "-" "Exabot-Images/1.0"
| 5:50 pm on Jun 15, 2006 (gmt 0)|
fiestagirl, is the UA you provided exactly as-is? All lowercase and including the "previously" paren?
mozilla/5.0 (compatible; konqueror/3.4; linux) khtml/3.4.1 (like gecko) (previously NG/2.0)
I ask because I usually see generic Konqueror UAs as upper- and lower-cased, e.g.:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/2.0.1; X11); Supports MD5-Digest; Supports gzip encoding
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/2.2.2; Linux 2.4.14-xfs; X11; i686)
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.4; Linux) KHTML/3.4.3 (like Gecko) (Kubuntu package 4:3.4.3-0ubuntu2)
Regardless, thank goodness for [NC,OR] :)
| 6:58 pm on Jun 15, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Yahoo Image Search opens a 'preview" as well which disables certain features in MSIE:
I just installed a "fix" so my site detects Yahoo displays my page in preview and MSIE the "preview" being displayed says:
"Sorry, we can't display this page because Yahoo causes the page to malfunction.
CLICK HERE to see the page operating properly in a new window."
Now Google Image Search on the other hand does the same thing but my frame buster blasts out of their framing in both MSIE and Firefox, as well as breaks out of Yahoo in Firefox.
I'm looking at implementing the same trick for this search engine.
When exalead frames your site it uses a referrer like this:
Opposed to when you click the link to open the site:
Should be easy enough to cloak this so visitors see something like Yahooligans now see.
| 6:27 pm on Jun 16, 2006 (gmt 0)|
The "previously" was my addition, sorry for the confusion. All lower case.
mozilla/5.0 (compatible; konqueror/3.4; linux) khtml/3.4.1 (like gecko)
I also noticed that when I previewed my site, it generated a visit from their ip group, with my user agent.
Query string in this form:
| 4:21 am on Jun 24, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Finally got around to checking current and old logs. No sign of the all-lowercase variety, via UA or IP. FWIW...
Granted, I've never allowed Exava under its Host, its IP, under Become's IPs as sub-domains of exava.com, or any of these bots --
"Exalead NG/MimeLive Client (convert/http/0.143)"
"Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; BecomeBot/1.23; +http://www.become.com/webmasters.html)"
-- yet the last/newest requested specific .gif files, including some from an all-bots-restricted area.
Too many bots.
Too many (attempted) crawls.