homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 54.242.140.11
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Pubcon Platinum Sponsor 2014
Home / Forums Index / Search Engines / Local Search
Forum Library, Charter, Moderators: anallawalla & bakedjake

Local Search Forum

    
Direction of Local Directional Online Ad
Chicago

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 68 posted 11:26 pm on Feb 18, 2005 (gmt 0)


As for the kinds of businesses that will take advantage of local digital directional advertising, Kelsey expects 63% of the $5.1 billion expected for 2009 will be claimed by national businesses and the remaining 37% will be claimed by small businesses.

Kelsey/eMarketer [kelseygroup.com]

 

chrisnrae

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 68 posted 3:12 am on Mar 6, 2005 (gmt 0)

I think those running local search need to be careful though in not letting advertising dollars make it "national". When I search for: cameras in tampa florida on a *local* search engine, I want to see local retailers. If I wanted a list of national stores, I'd search the regular engine.

RossWal

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 68 posted 7:12 pm on Mar 7, 2005 (gmt 0)

What about your local Ritz Camera? Would you want to see them? I would. OTOH, I do get frustrated by some national debris littering the local search scene.

Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  
 

Home / Forums Index / Search Engines / Local Search
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved