Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52 , register , free tools , login , search , pro membership , help , library , announcements , recent posts , open posts Become a Pro Member
Forum Library, Charter, Moderators: bill Microsoft Windows OS (XP/NT/Vista/Windows 7/8/9/10) Forum
Removing video previews Is it possible? panic
Is it possible to remove the preview for .avi files in Explorer?
I tried searching for the answer but couldn't find it.
You would have to change the View settings to remove this panel.
Tools ¦ Folder Options... ¦ General (tab)
On the General tab you would select " Use Windows classic folders" and that should remove the entire pane where .avi previews show up. This also removes any other common task previews that might show up in this panel. panic
There's no way to prevent it from ONLY previewing .avi & other video files? :( iamlost
Warning: Before attempting regedit always back up your registry , I say again, always back up your registry
* open a command window: 1. Start->Run 2. type cmd 3. hit enter.
* To remove media preview: 1. type regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll 2. hit enter.
* To re-add media preview:
1. type regsvr32 shmedia.dll 2. hit enter.
For reference interest:
* To remove image preview: 1. type regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll 2. hit enter.
* To re-add image preview:
1. type regsvr32 shimgvw.dll 2. hit enter.