Hi, I am relatively new to working with Flash and am just wondering if anyone here could offer some advice?
I have created a flash intro for my site from a commercial template no problem.
The problem occurs when I have published it. It makes a lot of files called alternate etc. This, I know, is for people who dont have the latest version of macromedia flash player. My main problem is the structure of the files when placed on the web space itself. It just outputs it all to a single folder on my hard drive and I have tried numerous combinations and indeed exactly how it was saved in the folder.
I can enter the url of the .swf and it plays fine with the html frame around it but when trying to point at it with web pointing it doesnt load?
If any one can offer any advice I would be very grateful.
When I did my intro, all I did was export it. It created two files: an html file, and a .swf file. I uploaded both of those files to my server. Then, to place the intro onto my page, I just inserted the html file. It plays just fine.
If you post some of your code that might help, too.
When publishing from Flash, it really does make sense to spend a few minutes and read through the "Publish Settings..." dialog box. As you check off different file formats (HTML, Flash, GIF, etc.) additional tabs full of options appear.
Generally speaking, I only export HTML once each time I get the new version of Flash to see what Macromedia considers "best practices" for embedding the flash file, then I turn off the option and continue to roll my own code. :)
Yeah thx, this is exactly what I had to do but working as a noob on flash it took a little while to just gather my thoughts and start thinking logically about the problem! All is sorted now though thx again!