| 11:52 pm on Mar 11, 2004 (gmt 0)|
Where do we start! Perhaps we could role back to day one of SES NY and let you catch up!
Perhaps I can summerise:
1. Inktomi, Fast and AltaVista Paid Inclusions program are no longer available. They are replaced by a new Paid Inclusion program called Overture Site Match.
2. OSM is available from selected resellers or direct from Overture themselves.
3. Pricing is per domian and is a 3-tier model.
4. Includes an upfront quality review and a CPC cost of either 15cents or 30cents depending on category.
5. Distribution now includes Yahoo!, AltaVista and Fast (and their respective distribution points).
6. MSN is continuing to be backended by the results supplied by the Yahoo! Slurp (damm, missed that Yahoo! had renamed Inktomi Slurp) and Overture Site Match.
7. Until April 15th, Customer who were in Inktomi PFI are getting a free bonus of Yahoo! traffic. After April 15th, they will get the distribution that they have paid for - not Yahoo! traffic.
8. To continue getting Yahoo! traffic, customers must migrate to the new program.
9. Yahoo! also launched its Content Aquisition Program (CAP), which shows how it is planning on expanding and growing the index. This includes free submission, OSM, Commerical Trusted Feed and Non-Commerical Trusted Feed.
10. Ask Jeeves has ceased its Trusted Feed program but is continuing with its Site Submit (flat fee PFI).
I think I have summarised it all!
| 11:59 pm on Mar 11, 2004 (gmt 0)|
thanks, Warren. Admist all the confusion.
| 2:11 am on Mar 12, 2004 (gmt 0)|
Thanks for the summary Warren.
Why are Position Tech asking me to renew my subscription for Inktomi PFI then if it no longer exists?
|Inktomi, Fast and AltaVista Paid Inclusions program are no longer available. They are replaced by a new Paid Inclusion program called Overture Site Match. |
| 2:14 am on Mar 12, 2004 (gmt 0)|
>>Inktomi, Fast and AltaVista Paid Inclusions program are no longer available.
This means they have been replaced by Site Match.
| 6:52 am on Mar 12, 2004 (gmt 0)|
You can "renew" into the new Overture Site Match From Inktomi - just a different wording I guess.
This will give you the same Inktomi distrubition plus: