Actually you pay $39 for the first URL and $25 for all subsequent URLs.
Normally I would talk about renewal pricing but doesn't seem a lot of point now. ;-)
Paid Inclusion isn't for everyone. Basically I feel that you need to determine what you are trying to acheive and how much you are willing to spend to acheive this.
The benefits of PFI are:
* Fast Inclusion (48 - 72 hours for Ink)
* 48 Hour refreshes - fresh content and ability to optimize
* 12 months included in the index
* Reporting made available by the reseller
* Ability to submit deep content
And intil April 15th, you will get Yahoo! traffic as well. :)
When I speak about PFI, I point out that even though you may be picked up for free, can you afford to not have that traffic immediately? i.e. if it takes 8 weeks to get listed, and PFI takes 3 days, what is the return on those 8 weeks (minus 3 days) of additional traffic? In many cases, I have built the case for some large customer just on this point alone. Especially true for new sites.