Changed it at the last minute when I realised the original "gizmo" I had in mind, might never have existed over the pond ;-) [img826.imageshack.us...] ( apologies for the "jumping ads" around it ..my place is "busy" ) hence it may be a little easier than my first choice. ;-))
The first to correctly identify the gizmo wins a fun-filled no-expenses-paid day of hosting the gizmo quiz again next Saturday.
The [Original] gizmo quiz rules
1. It must be about some gizmo.
2. The game must be confirmed by it's host 24 hours in advance.
3. The game must be posted when it is Saturday somewhere on Earth.
4. The current winner must have priority on hosting the next game.
5. If the winner declines to host the next game, the current host should pick which volunteer (within participants of the week) will host the next game.
6. Of course, no one can be forced to host the gizmo quiz.
7. The first player to get 10 points wins the Platinum Geek Award (whatever that is... ) All scores will reset to zero, and we begin a new contest.
Msg#: 4298882 posted 3:52 am on Apr 19, 2011 (gmt 0)
Um... does anybody have something already put together, or will be able to put something together by Saturday?
It was an honor to be asked and I hope that I can actually win one of these things, again, and be able to host when times are better. Right now is not a good time for me. I'm going back to the hospital. It's time. Bye bye leg. I've just been stalling to try to get my house in order before I go. I've made arrangements for the dogs. My ex is stepping up beautifully. I knew she had it in her. Some friends are helping out too. I've got all current files on my laptop and the hospital I'm going to has excellent wi-fi. Bills are already paid. Everybody's saying "just go - go now." But you can't just go. There are things that have to be taken care of first.
This is more information than I'm sure anybody needs or wants but I did feel I should explain. If I can use 30 words to do it instead of 4, that's usually the route I'll take.