|A social media marketing analytics tool which can give me stats on.|
Hi everyone, I'm pretty overwhelmed recently looking at all the diff tools and measures available for monitoring social media. I've put together a list of metrics I feel it may be useful to monitor, which at the moment I only envisage compiling as a report, by visiting lots of different individual tools.
I'd like to know if anyone knows of a tool which may be able to deliver ALL of these stats, saving me having to go to each diff tool, get a specific stat, and put it all into a self made report (v time consuming). I'm looking at paid tools so it's fine if they aren't free but would be v good if they had some sort of trial.
Also, I am a beginner here - so any suggestions/recommendations/changes to the metrics or things I feel it would be of value to measure, are v welcome :)
My client will have Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles.They are b2b and do not have an ecommerce website - they will not be looking to sell directly from social media, or their site. Here are the metrics:
1) Demographics of social media audience (facebook fans, twitter followers, linkedin connections, and/or altogether)
2) Visibility and exposure metrics:
* reach/exposure (how many people saw each post perhaps, across own network and wider network thru shares/retweets)
* No of facebook fans, no. of twitter followers, no. of linkedin connections
* visibility score (this metric features on some tools eg howsociable.com - if you have something similar, this would be good to round off the more specific metrics for visibility/exposure - a visibility score was assigned to each social network on howsociable.com; facebook, twitter, linkedin, and also others where the company hasn't got a profile, so assumedly it takes into account mentions of the brand on other networks)
3) Brand perception/influence metrics:
(For a given keyword/topic, the brand name, or similar)
* sentiment, top contributors to mentions about the keyword/topic, top sources eg facebook, technorati etc (socialmention.com delivers this)
* any other influence metrics that can be monitored month to month?
4) Direct audience engagement:
(ideally for each post, with a total for the month)
* facebook: how many likes, shares, comments, clicks
* twitter: hashtags (maybe? Is this useful?), no. of retweets, replies, clicks
* linkedin: similar
* any other direct engagement metrics for month to month monitoring?
I'm struggling with this myself. But, from a practical point of view, I need something that can help me with management of content across all of the social platforms.
Also, I think your list leaves out email, with is a basic.
One friend of mine is using Fliptop (which sounds like what you are looking for), but I'm just using MailChimp as a base. They are working hard to make it work with social. I feed the emails to the client's website, FB and Twitter, then using Twitter to intergrate with Linkedin. I think this will come close to providing what you need on items 1,2,and 4. But, then, I'm keen on email.
Re: #3--Anyone offering "brand perception/influence metrics" is blowing smoke, of course. There is a service called Trackur that follows keywords, but you've got to follow the right keywords. And then it's just keywords.