| 3:02 pm on Jan 19, 2007 (gmt 0)|
Yandex should index your site eventually. In the mean time have a look at this thread:
| 7:01 pm on Jan 19, 2007 (gmt 0)|
Ta for that but the thread was started by me and was asking a different question. At the beginning I wasn't indexed by anyone. The first thread advised waiting. I did and as I say in this thread I was indexed a couple of months ago by all the SEs but still not Yandex. After 3 months, I'm still not indexed by Yandex. looking around the internet there are rumours that you can only get indexed by Yandex if you pay them and/or you are linked to by another.ru site. I was wondering if this is true and what other experiences people had of Yandex.
| 9:10 am on Jan 22, 2007 (gmt 0)|
* You do *not* require a .ru domain to be indexed by Yandex. (But it wont hurt and helps recognition.)
* You *do* need 100% Russian on your site to be indexed by Yandex.
* If you *don't* have Russian on your site, you can write a letter to request indexation.
* To be found by Yandex, you require links from sites already indexed by Yandex.
* You can submit your URL to Yandex if above does not apply, or you would like to speed the process up, but like with other SE's this most likely wont make a difference - the safe route is building links from sites already indexed.
| 12:20 pm on Jan 22, 2007 (gmt 0)|
Thanks for that Shadow. So the only thing I need to do now is get a couple on incoming links, the other conditions you mention are met. Can I ask where you obtained the information that inbound links, from sites already registered within Yandex, are needed to get listed in Yandex?
| 9:18 pm on Jan 26, 2007 (gmt 0)|
This is realy a problem of Yandex. Yes, probably the best way is to create external links to your site.
Re 100% Russian or writing them a message not sure. I have an example when site with 100% English content took 1st position by request "crimean war". Sounds funny especially taking into consideration that administration after our message to them refused to include site. sorry for offtop