|Do you have a suggested ecommerce business consultant?|
| 9:35 pm on Jan 21, 2013 (gmt 0)|
I am hoping to find an experienced, professional, forward-thinking consultant specializing in ecommerce growth and development. Not a self proclaimed SEO expert, but someone who will really dig in, understand my products, and present to me several via avenues of improvement.
Does anyone know a firm whom may fit my needs that I may look into?
My questions range from branding, product separation, SEO, general marketing... normal business activities with the end goal of increased sales several fold.
| 2:08 am on Jan 22, 2013 (gmt 0)|
I don't have one specific consultant. I'm sure you could google and find some firms, but I'm sure they would be expensive.
I typically research google, ecommerce blogs, and this web site of course.
This forum is great because there are actual business owners out there being successful, not some consultant that earns a salary from some company without even owning a business.
| 12:42 pm on Jan 22, 2013 (gmt 0)|
I do agree with jrockfl,
It will be costlier if you hire a firm. I have been working with eCommerce portal and based on my experience, here are few important tips that can help you to promote your products:
- Try to keep unique content as much as you can
- Use static URL (select ecommerce friendly CMS) that can offer functionality to give unique title and meta tags for each page.
- Avoid duplicate list of product in multiple categories. If you have to do so, use canonical tag for such pages.
- Easy navigation and quick search facility may result in better ROI
- Go for Google merchant paid advertisement (CPS for such ads will be low and conversion will be high as compare to Google search network).
All the best !
| 8:26 am on Feb 7, 2013 (gmt 0)|
Here if I consider "end goal of increased sales several folds" then probably you can start creating campaigns or hire someone who can create Google campaigns for you this may result quickly. Apart from this you can go with Bing ads, Facebook ads etc.
And if you go with your preference of SEO then yes, this may bring result but you need to wait for long. May be a year or so.
Let me know if you need more details.