|facebook store options?|
We run an e-commerce company & also have a facebook page. Now, we want to explore the idea of giving customers to buy our products from our facebook fan page. Ideally, we would have liked to use a facebook app that talks to our webstore standard shopping cart - but currently, our webstore uses custom code - so that's not really an option.
Here's what I'll like the customer experience to be like:
- Fans / followers / others should be able to see the products as they would appear on a typical fan page - ie as pictures
- Along with the picture / comments / likes, customers see an option to buy the item. The payment gateway can be directly integrated onto facebook
Ofcourse, there'll be some changes required from our (seller side)
- company registration details, bank details, product details
- order management dashboard
but the user experience should be as seamless to a seamless fan page. Most of the facebook apps I have glanced through (Payvment, Ecwid, Bigcommerce, Vendorshop, fanpage-toolkit) either make a tab (which suffers from low visible)or integrate with an existing standard webstore shopping cart - neither of which meet our current need.
Any suggestions on the right facebook app / way to go about this?
[edited by: engine at 1:46 pm (utc) on Oct 8, 2012]
[edit reason] specifics [/edit]
I don't think you can sell directly on FB. On your business page, you can post a link to a page on your business site and it will show a thumbnail, which people can click and be on your biz site. I have never seen a store actually located on FB. I mean, think about it--they are going to let you use their server for free to sell your stuff? Not going to happen.
Why Are Retailers Shutting Their Facebook Stores?
Well, waddya know! I hang around there every day and have 500 "friends" and have never noticed any stores there.
I have never purchase any thing from the facebook page.
because there was no option for purchasing option and also a no option for payment transfer.
so you can put a link on your facebook page for buyer to buy your product. so they can redirect to your web site.
Thanks and Regards,
We have had a FB store on our FG page for I think 2-3 years and ill bet we havent made more than 5 total sales from it. Our FB page has a large fan list, lots of activity but people dont seem to want to buy on FB.
1. Selling products directly on Facebook page is not an option.
2. We can create a link on your Facebook page from an ecommerce cart that promotes your products on a Fan Page.
3. The link will be redirected to your website.
4. So, store option is not possible on your FB page, as of now.