|facebook store options?|
| 11:56 am on Oct 8, 2012 (gmt 0)|
We run an e-commerce company & also have a facebook page. Now, we want to explore the idea of giving customers to buy our products from our facebook fan page. Ideally, we would have liked to use a facebook app that talks to our webstore standard shopping cart - but currently, our webstore uses custom code - so that's not really an option.
Here's what I'll like the customer experience to be like:
- Fans / followers / others should be able to see the products as they would appear on a typical fan page - ie as pictures
- Along with the picture / comments / likes, customers see an option to buy the item. The payment gateway can be directly integrated onto facebook
Ofcourse, there'll be some changes required from our (seller side)
- company registration details, bank details, product details
- order management dashboard
but the user experience should be as seamless to a seamless fan page. Most of the facebook apps I have glanced through (Payvment, Ecwid, Bigcommerce, Vendorshop, fanpage-toolkit) either make a tab (which suffers from low visible)or integrate with an existing standard webstore shopping cart - neither of which meet our current need.
Any suggestions on the right facebook app / way to go about this?
[edited by: engine at 1:46 pm (utc) on Oct 8, 2012]
[edit reason] specifics [/edit]
| 4:11 pm on Oct 8, 2012 (gmt 0)|
I don't think you can sell directly on FB. On your business page, you can post a link to a page on your business site and it will show a thumbnail, which people can click and be on your biz site. I have never seen a store actually located on FB. I mean, think about it--they are going to let you use their server for free to sell your stuff? Not going to happen.
| 12:59 pm on Oct 9, 2012 (gmt 0)|
Why Are Retailers Shutting Their Facebook Stores?
| 12:34 am on Oct 10, 2012 (gmt 0)|
Well, waddya know! I hang around there every day and have 500 "friends" and have never noticed any stores there.
| 11:03 am on Oct 10, 2012 (gmt 0)|
I have never purchase any thing from the facebook page.
because there was no option for purchasing option and also a no option for payment transfer.
so you can put a link on your facebook page for buyer to buy your product. so they can redirect to your web site.
Thanks and Regards,
| 12:50 pm on Oct 11, 2012 (gmt 0)|
We have had a FB store on our FG page for I think 2-3 years and ill bet we havent made more than 5 total sales from it. Our FB page has a large fan list, lots of activity but people dont seem to want to buy on FB.
| 4:55 pm on Oct 11, 2012 (gmt 0)|
1. Selling products directly on Facebook page is not an option.
2. We can create a link on your Facebook page from an ecommerce cart that promotes your products on a Fan Page.
3. The link will be redirected to your website.
4. So, store option is not possible on your FB page, as of now.