I asked the same question last year. Now I think I find the answer. I would like to recommend Paypal Pro for you which you can find at [paypal.com...] while the direct page for Paypal Pro at https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_wp-pro-overview-outside
We have been with CardService International for more than 6 years, and our rate is actually a little bit better than you (2.29% + 0.259 per transaction). However I do not like CardService because:
1. linkpoint gateway runs down for maintainance almost every Sunday early monrning for 4 hours; the gateway often has this and that kind of problem;
2. too many hidden fee. Almost 50% of our VISA transaction is mid-qualify or non-qualify transaction so the rate is upto 4.2%
3. their customer service is very bad;
Recently I decided to transfer to Paypal Pro. We have used Paypal standard web payment for more than 6 years; Paypal Pro is different from the standard payment program.
I like Paypal Pro much better:
1. lower rate. Currently we receive 2.2% + 30 cents one flat fee for all different type of credit card; There are no any other hidden fee, except for the monthly $20 gateway fee (Linkpoint is $30, in addtion to other various fee)
2. One stop: you do not have to check your statement from mychantoffice.com and AMEX, Discover websites.
3. Much better customer service. Your transaction volume will honor an account manager from Paypal. The account manager is just like a customer service reprentative who is specially designed for you. My account manager is very knowledgeable and helpful.
4. Paypal is very reliable. Your gateway will not be down weekly.
5. If you join the money market, you can get 5%+ interestes (dividend). The earnning is even better than CD deposit account. If you use your Paypa Debit card for purchase, you receive 1.5% cash back too.
6. Paypal has much better system for anti-fraud. As I understand, linkpoint does not have any.
Another one you can check echo [snip]. CardService declined my request to lower the rate, then I talked to Echo. Echo can provide matched and a little bit lower transaction rate but I skipped them.
I hope the information is helpful. If you search my messages in webmasterworld.com, you will find I asked the same question as you. I think I find a good one now.
If you decide to choose Paypal, you can sign up at:
(It is a referral link which I can get credit from Paypal. If it violates the policy of this website please remove it. I do not have much interest to earn referral fee but I will not decline it if I can get)
[edited by: minnapple at 5:05 am (utc) on July 14, 2007]
[edit reason] no urls please [/edit]