| 6:39 pm on Nov 16, 2011 (gmt 0)|
I called my internet provider tech support they are in CO. they can access the site, so he asked me to call local here in my city to see if the servers hadn't updated and pulled new dns records. Called local they can see the website.
I just don't know what to do now. I can't access it from office or home just makes no sense anybody got an idea.
I can go through a proxy and see the site.
I am trying another approach. I changed the ip address to a different one in my dns and changed the ip on the server.
Never seen anything like this before. Why I am so concerned what if this happens to another site I am building for my work I need to figure out why I am being blocked.
Not our router. Checked
| 9:37 pm on Nov 16, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Ok I changed the ip and dns and it is resolving again all over the world but here.
1- IP from this location here isn't being blocked by provider as I can view/ping other websites on same ip same dns.
2-Asked another person in this city he can't see it either.
3-Pinged it from just ping and it shows a good ping form 100 different places.
4-went to downforeveryoneorjustme and it shows just me.
5-150 miles away they see it.
6- memeber confirmed they see it not sure from were but they see it.
7- I have cleared my computer from everything, nothing, tried Google Crome, nothing tried Firefox nothing.
Question is it possible to just block a domain name?
I am just flat out lost as to were to go, look, call, or just work on the site and use a proxy to view it as the world would see it.
| 2:40 pm on Nov 17, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Yep I can see a Coca Cola truck in the UK.
I had this a couple of months ago and somehow my hosts had accidentally blocked the domain...they didn't know how they'd done it either considering how many domains I have on that server!
| 3:12 pm on Nov 17, 2011 (gmt 0)|
husky could u ping it? You said host so if u can see it the domain isn't blocked. I have a feeling this is a local thing from our provider and am on the phone with them again this am.
When I try to ping it the ping does nothing from my location when I say nothing I mean it shows 0. Like the ping is killed at the router.
| 4:45 pm on Nov 17, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Provider won't look deeper until 48 hours have passed. I said OK if that will help push this to a solution then fine I will wait for 96 hours so there isn't a reason to have an excuse.
| 9:05 pm on Nov 17, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Well well I had a friend IM me saying the site is up same area we were blocked. So I go and connect right to the site. I then ping the site everything works fine. So this leads me to a question. I know from doing this so many times something is up it wasn't me there was some sort of blocking that happened. The provider would not admit it and last word they had was wait as I said above. I have a feeling there is more snooping on the web than they want to admit. I know my IP wasn't blocked the domain name was blocked by our provider or they have our catch so long it really does take 48 hours in our area for a site DNS, but having built many sites from here and never had this happen before I am very leary of their answer.
Anyway without really knowing what was the issue the site is resolving here finally. Thanks for the input.
| 3:06 pm on Nov 18, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Hi...been out again!
bettertruckdrivingjobs.com ONLINE 37.21 ms
Just did a global test from about 60 locations using just-ping.com and nearly all are working fine.
| 5:18 pm on Nov 18, 2011 (gmt 0)|
You should read my thread in Supporters about the headaches I was having pinging/loading certain sites. Think: Apple O/S, WinXPPro, Win7 vs./+ wireless router settings vs./+, vs./+ network security software (firewalls, etc.) vs./+ . . . 30+ hours, over the course of a week, to nail down and eliminate the issues. It came down to packet size issues and protocols used by different sites and router settings that "allowed" certain sites local access but blocked others, not by IP or DNS, but by how they delivered data. Argh . . and ARGH again. ;)
Sometimes there can be a local caching issue with an ISP that can delay "seeing" an update to DNS or viewing changes to a site. Rare, but it has happened to me and others.
With the growing complexity, capacity and utililization of that capacity of the Web - such as millions now streaming NetFlix - nothing surprises me less than hiccups of unexplained origin. I'm still running DSL, since I'm near to the local exchange, but when it rains - due to the age of the cables - I will sometimes suffer a degradation.
Throttling? Blocking? Never heard anyone, at any ISP, admit to it. Of course, what does the guy/gal on the phone in the helpcenter know except what their 2 days of training told them to say? :P
| 6:33 pm on Nov 18, 2011 (gmt 0)|
I did Web. nutin I could really say u covered about everything I would have covered. I kept up with the posting till you found your solution.
Here is were I think the issue came from. I threw up an index page from one of my supplement sites so all the content on the page was about supps. I had a senior tech come on the phone and ask if this was a site trying to seel prescription drugs over the net. I told him well no they are over the counter supplements and I just threw up a page to see when it resolved to begin work on it. I thought about that and that evening I took all the supps off and just a truck and coming soon. Next day after they looked at the site again poof it was showing. Just my theory as to why it was so long resolving in this area.
| 7:13 pm on Nov 18, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Man . . so much to account for in understanding what's not working and what is when it comes to life in the digital era.
Hopefully - to balance things out - in the future you will have difficulty accounting for some unexpected success. ;)