|Free way to find all domains owned by owner X?|
| 7:02 pm on Sep 6, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Trying to buy a domain and am having the worst time reaching the owner.
To get more information on this person, it would be nice to know the other domain names they own. Which according to a couple of pay sites are three others.
Are there any free websites out there where you can input ownerX and you will tell all the domains they own?
| 7:19 pm on Sep 6, 2011 (gmt 0)|
I doubt there's any way to find all the sites they own. You can take some guesses though.
Get the IP address of their main website. Then on Bing, do a search: IP:YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY where yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy is their IP address. That'll give you the websites on that IP. Sometimes you'll see some interesting stuff that way. Also try adding one or subtracting one from the IP, in case they have a range of IP's.
Also check their nameservers.
| 7:55 pm on Sep 6, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Are they simply not responding to you or do you have no contact details for them at all?
| 9:32 pm on Sep 6, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Wheel, thx for the suggestion. Tried it though and I only came back with the one domain...checked some more and this site has its own dedicated IP.
I do know there should be a way to check this though because third party services often track this information (roughly). In fact one site had identified three other sites this owner owned (perhaps by phone # in the whois?) which was perfect but blacked out the information and said I could only get the website names if I gave them lots of money which I didn't want to do. My issue is I'm just trying to find a free DNS service for this type of thing.
HuskyPup, yeah, they aren't responding. Voicemail is filled up, other phone doesn't work and no response back from two email addresses and a webform. It's pretty much an abandoned site. Thinking of actually sending them a snail-mail LOL...
| 10:19 pm on Sep 6, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Well, don't hesitate to use snail mail.
PM me the site if you're inclined, I'll see if I can dig anything up.
| 3:10 pm on Sep 7, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Smithaa02 sent me the site. Here's what I did.
I checked the site, found two phone numbers.
- Googled both phone numbers, not much luck.
- Did a whois on the domain, got a name, address, phone and email.
- Checked backlinks to the site, backlinks look organic so didn't see anything immediately.
- Googled the address. Looks like they're selling their house, maybe that's why they're not responding right now. Talk about creepy huh?
- Googled the phone and fax on the whois record, no luck.
- Did a ping and reverse lookup of the IP, checked DNS and hosting company. They are hosted at a big big company, so no luck there - no one to contact. If it had been a small hosting company, I might have called them and asked them for some contact info.
- Googled their name. Found someone with their name working at another company. Grabbed that phone number. Also found someone with their name in a different region, don't think it's the same person.
- Checked sites on the IP address, plus one up and one down. Nothing that looked related.
So all I've got is two phone numbers for the person, and what I think is their work number.
This was a tough one - please let us know how it goes, or at least if you are able to reach them.
(*) this level of search on one of my sites would reveal waaay more about my operation that I'd care to reveal.