| 12:43 pm on Mar 12, 2009 (gmt 0)|
Yes you can make them an offer - the best way is to type in the domain and enquire about it from the type-in page.
They will then send a price via email to you - respond to that email with your offer. (A lot will depend on what the domain is as to whether they will accept an offer.)
If they choose not to accept your offer they can change the price of the domain in any way they like.
| 12:54 pm on Mar 12, 2009 (gmt 0)|
Thanks very much for your reply - I'm thinking I'll have to give it a go as my only option. If they increase the price that sort of settles it for me!
Fingers crossed they won't - from what I've read they seem business-like rather than opportunistic...
| 1:05 pm on Mar 12, 2009 (gmt 0)|
My experience of buydomains is that they are business like in their dealings, very much in the corporate end of the domain sales market.
| 1:42 pm on Mar 13, 2009 (gmt 0)|
They're experienced which makes all the difference in the world when it comes to aftermarket domain sales. They know the business. They want to move product. They're not naive. Interact with them like the company knows far more about value than you do and understand "they don't need your money". Be professional.
| 11:45 pm on Mar 16, 2009 (gmt 0)|
I've bought around 10 domains from them, had direct contact with a senior representative but he no longer works there. Now I have another good contact, and it makes the difference when you have a good buying history.
| 2:54 pm on Mar 19, 2009 (gmt 0)|
I agree with all the comments about professionalism, ease of purchase etc...
One suggestion is to play a little hard to get. Now, you run the risk of someone buying the domain as you flirt around, but they have dropped the price of a few domains by more than half after I backed away... and apparently no one else was interested. This didn't happen overnight - maybe 6 to 18 months depending on the domain.
Your mileage may vary.
| 5:43 pm on Mar 19, 2009 (gmt 0)|
Exactly, depending when they want to achieve new sales prices can drop a bit, but it depends on who you are talking with, and how much you wait. And by then the domain can be gone.
| 2:43 am on Mar 20, 2009 (gmt 0)|
lot of times I wonder how can they set a high price on some domains, which really does not deserve it. On the other hand, if you go to sell your domains to them, they will really offer pennies for it.
| 9:19 am on Mar 20, 2009 (gmt 0)|
Some prices may seem exaggerated, but they sell. The value of generic domains for end users is raising. This week I tried to sell them the .net of a .com they have for $2488 but they didn't want it for the price I asked, which was a lot lower. Imagine this as a used car sale, they have to buy cheap and sell for a lot more.
| 2:31 am on Mar 27, 2009 (gmt 0)|
Just last month I bought a domain from BuyDomains where they were asking $2288 and I got it for around 45% off. I waited until the last day of the month and around the end of the business day and chatted them via their website. I've had luck with saying "I'm authorized to buy this name for $x and I've got a credit card in hand ready to pay that now."
Also, keep in mind that some of the names are consignments and they have less negotiation room for these names. You can tell if it's a BuyDomains name by checking WhoIs.
| 10:30 am on Mar 30, 2009 (gmt 0)|
BuyDomains is really very costly, I prefer using dnforum, if in case we require some premium domain names.
| 10:57 am on Mar 30, 2009 (gmt 0)|
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread - the replies are very helpful and much appreicated.
| 8:29 pm on Apr 8, 2009 (gmt 0)|
I waited just a few days after calling, offered 33% less and they agreed on that price and sent me a new link with the reduced price.