| 1:17 pm on Dec 22, 2006 (gmt 0)|
its not expired. talk to your registrar.
if a domain is in redemptionperiod it means you can still "redeem" it. talk to the registrar fast.
| 2:50 pm on Dec 22, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Thanks.well i get back that domain.
About that another domain which is in redemption period.
I read here that the price is high,
Why dont i just wait for it to exit the redemption period and then buy it?
And can i know when it is released to public again?
| 4:05 pm on Dec 22, 2006 (gmt 0)|
|And can i know when it is released to public again? |
If you want it, do something about it now. In all likelihood, the domain will never be released to the public again. It will likely be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
If you want the domain, you better contact your registrar now to redeem it. Otherwise, odds are you'll never get it back.
| 11:40 pm on Dec 22, 2006 (gmt 0)|
I totally agree with ccDan. If you want the domain you should use every leverage you can to prevent anybody else having a bite at the cherry. Which in this case means paying the redemption fee while you still can. If you baulk at the redemption fee, then the domain cannot be that important for you. You will probably encounter severe competition for the domain if you have any plans to catch the domain when it drops. A high risk adventure, imho.
| 2:21 am on Dec 23, 2006 (gmt 0)|
|You will probably encounter severe competition for the domain if you have any plans to catch the domain when it drops. A high risk adventure, imho. |
Possibly HOWEVER is it an English language .com/net/org/co.uk or is it foreign language com/net/org/co.uk or is it another country tld extension?
A .com/net/org/co.uk non-English word and another country tld would run a very low loss risk unless it were a popular or good generic name IMHO.
| 3:17 am on Dec 23, 2006 (gmt 0)|
|Why dont i just wait for it to exit the redemption period and then buy it? |
And can i know when it is released to public again?
I see others have already answered, so I'll just add mine that others have made that same assumption and ended up not getting it at all. There are various parties out there waiting to grab whatever domain name is going to become available, and there's no assurance you'll be able to get it from them at all.
Depending on the extension and on the registrar, it might or might not be redeemable. Ask them, and fast as one of the others said.
If it's a .com, count 35 days from its last expiration date. If it's on redemption period and its last updated date was Nov. 25, then it might...might...be released for availability by Dec. 30 or 31, just guessing.
It would help if you gave the full WHOIS details minus the name, because I have a feeling you still have a chance of renewing it with your current registrar based on the limited info you gave. But we won't know 'til more details are provided.
| 3:33 pm on Dec 23, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Well thank you guys for replies and information.
Updated Date: 04-dec-2006
Creation Date: 23-nov-2003
Expiration Date: 23-nov-2006
I really dont have 200$ or 300$ to renew it.
Maybe if i know the exact expiring date at exact minutes for example i can register it to myself?(just an idea...)
maybe registerer can give me this info...?
[edited by: Webwork at 3:59 pm (utc) on Dec. 23, 2006]
[edit reason] Please keep the issue general. [/edit]
| 4:47 pm on Dec 23, 2006 (gmt 0)|
OK. Where is it registered?
| 8:58 am on Dec 25, 2006 (gmt 0)|
well i said in previous post be edited and removed by forum admin.
so..?is it important?
| 9:27 am on Dec 25, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Yes. If you tell us at which registrar it was registered (not the domain name), we can give you some specific suggestions on what you might do from here on.
| 5:02 pm on Dec 25, 2006 (gmt 0)|
i registered it with gkg.net
| 2:13 am on Dec 26, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Since you revealed its current status is redemption period, then you definitely can't renew it anymore. But IIRC, the registrar in question doesn't do redemption requests.
You only have 2 options left:
1. Wait for it to become available within roughly 35 days from its last updated date.
2. If you have the money to burn, make a reservation with some backorder companies.
| 3:01 am on Dec 26, 2006 (gmt 0)|
You have allowed your domain to fall in to it's present state and if you are not prepared to pay the extra admin costs then you have no options?
You could try their restore service?
or you can wait for it to drop and cross your fingers..
There is no real exact time factor when this will be done, every registrar seems to deal with it differently, and all have different excuses as to why it works that way..
Back ordering is just as hit or miss and if someone more involved in the business wants it then you can be sure they will get it before you..
The monopoly and strangle hold of domain purchasing companies is pretty much a scandle that no one is prepared to change but that is the way it is and I don't see anyone interested enough to lift a finger to change what is a real dirty dealing business..
Find the money and pay for your mistake or let it go or hope that it's not that interesting to others to warrent notice..
[edited by: Lobo at 3:02 am (utc) on Dec. 26, 2006]
| 10:53 am on Dec 28, 2006 (gmt 0)|
I'm not familiar with gkg.net. Are they a reseller for somebody? I suspect they might be a GoDaddy reseller from looking at their home page. You could place a backorder at GoDaddy for $18.95 (read their ToS). Else if not a GoDaddy reseller you should put a backorder on at SnapNames asap and hope for the best.