| Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124 |
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
|Become a Pro Member|
|Web-based art and photo gallery CMS suggestions|
| 5:58 am on Feb 10, 2014 (gmt 0)|
Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with web-based art gallery CMS systems? I've used 4Images and similar in the past and would prefer something a bit more 'sophisticated'.
Some thoughts about the features:
1. Preferably, this would be a paid for/professional system.
2. The gallery CMS would have an easy to use interface for non-technical users to upload, label and maintain images.
3. Ideally, run on Windows IIS server.
4. Customisable and 'skinnable' look and feel.
5. Repurposes content well to tablet/mobile devices.
6. What have I left out...?
| 6:52 pm on Feb 11, 2014 (gmt 0)|
I don't have a good suggestion right off the bat, but to the "what have I left out" question, I would add
6. Built-in CDN support
| 10:33 pm on Feb 11, 2014 (gmt 0)|
7. A really good terms of service and copyright statement.
| 3:01 am on Mar 5, 2014 (gmt 0)|
It's looking like some custom development will be required.
| 2:22 pm on Mar 5, 2014 (gmt 0)|
Last I looked, which is a *long* time ago, the big players in the open source gallery world were
I never liked them very much to be honest. Others that get some attention lately are Trovebox and Piwigo, but I've never used them.
I'm not sure how pluggable they are.
I assume you have reasons for not wanting to use a hosted solution like SmugMug or Zenfolio or what have you.
All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved