Msg#: 4130388 posted 6:53 pm on May 10, 2010 (gmt 0)
Hi folks, I'm on the colonial side of the pond (US). I just went to download Joomla 1.5.17 and noticed that it appeared to be the UK version. I'm not sure what I did when I downloaded .15 and .16. I suppose I probably downloaded the UK version.
I was wondering if there were any problems on the public side with this? I can think of a couple of issues.
1. Possible SEO issues caused by confusion of a US site with a UK language pack.
2. Some user confusion (color vice colour)
My questions are
1. Does it matter if a US Site is running the UK Version?
2. Should I run the US language pack?
3. Can I add the US language pack to previous installations that have patches such as Free SEF, Joomlapack, fabrik forms etc. ?
I'm wondering if some of the trouble I have getting traffic to these sites might be a US/UK language issue.
Msg#: 4130388 posted 8:17 pm on May 10, 2010 (gmt 0)
Are you seeing this in Extensions -> Language Manager?
I believe that all English Joomla installations come with English (United Kingdom) as the default. The main difference that I know of in the U.S. versus U.K. is that the dates display differently which can easily be changed - [forum.joomla.org...]
This will not affect your site at all. Everyone of our Joomla sites defaults to the U.K. version and we have never had a problem.
Don't worry, it will not change color in to colour or theater in to theatre ;)