| 12:35 pm on Aug 21, 2008 (gmt 0)|
according to me you should start adding contents by researching users like. and then market it through social bookmarking, networking, and try to bring your rankings on SERP. You can also start posting into forums, classified ads etc.
I would also love if any one can give more explanation on it.
| 1:33 pm on Aug 21, 2008 (gmt 0)|
Thanks for your suggestions, really!I''ll try these methods, indeed.And I welcome more ideas as well.
| 9:21 pm on Aug 25, 2008 (gmt 0)|
Write posts that people find useful. Higher posting frequency helps, but only if most posts have good content.
Interact with other bloggers on your topic by discussing their posts, posting comments on their blogs, etc.
Whenever you post in blogs, forums, etc., be sure to do so in a way that doesn't look spammy or self-promotional.
| 12:07 pm on Aug 26, 2008 (gmt 0)|
Thank you very much. It's very helpful, really. As I am a beginner in this context.Besides, what do you have in mind by writing "post have good content"?
| 3:30 pm on Aug 26, 2008 (gmt 0)|
"Posts with good content" would be posts that are entertaining, interesting, and/or useful to the readers. There is no single path to success. Some bloggers write a small number of long, insightful posts. Others write short posts, often linking to content which is relevant and new to most of the readers. Some include pictures, diagrams, etc.
In general, originality is a good thing. Even bloggers who mostly link to news stories and blog posts should try to bring their own insight to the post, and ensure that the items they link to appeal to most of their audience.
| 1:46 pm on Aug 27, 2008 (gmt 0)|
Thank you for the explanation. I do agree that originality is very important when writing a blog as well as showing the author's insight.I''ll have in mind that. And more suggestions are welcome....
| 1:36 pm on Aug 28, 2008 (gmt 0)|
Google adwords, what do you think about that? Is it a good way to get more traffic?
| 6:54 pm on Aug 28, 2008 (gmt 0)|
Adwords is fine, but is likely to get expensive. Unless you are very skilled at finding cheap long-tail keywords, the odds of revenue exceeding cost is low.
As a short-term promo strategy, though, it might help prime the traffic pump.
| 1:20 pm on Aug 29, 2008 (gmt 0)|
One more question is in my mind. Should I write as many articles as I can? So what about the number of posts, for instance a day or a week?
| 1:26 pm on Aug 29, 2008 (gmt 0)|
If you are passionate about the topic, and have some knowledge, write at least a post a day. Meanwhile, interact with those who have supplied comments to previous posts.
Interest comes from interest. Interaction comes from being conversational.
Original works best. Scrapping works worst.
| 5:36 am on Sep 2, 2008 (gmt 0)|
Thank you very much, tangor!I appreciate your ideas!
| 11:59 am on Sep 26, 2008 (gmt 0)|
So I have submitted my Blog URL to the search engines,also I have started commenting on related blogs.Still, no traffic? What else can I do?
Thank you very much!
| 5:16 am on Oct 3, 2008 (gmt 0)|
Feedburner is a good (free) start
| 7:45 pm on Oct 3, 2008 (gmt 0)|
Be sure to verify that your posts are appearing in Technorati and Google Blog Search in a timely way. If they aren't, check your pinging process. You might want to do the "claim your blog" thing at Technorati, although by itself that won't do much for your traffic.
Consider posting on breaking hot topics in your segment (if there are any). A hot topic for your post, a good title, and prompt indexing in blog search engines should net you some traffic.
| 10:16 pm on Oct 7, 2008 (gmt 0)|
tez899, "Feedburner is a good (free) start"
How the Feedburner can help me get traffic ?
| 4:52 pm on Oct 30, 2008 (gmt 0)|
hey no need to go through feedburner, there are lot of ways to opt and plz follow the given bullets:
- submit your site on all major search engines.
- create unique and short contents (300 to 700 words)
- create search engine friendly content (do seo copywriting on each post). Remember, search engines like user friendly contents that may include proper writing, cleared, etc. When your post become user friendly, search engines also pick them up and get them under way.
- try to get reciprocal links (with follow attributes), this could help you to gain more trust from the older sites or the sites having good PR.
- try to submit your site on oneway link directories.
- if you can affoard paid submission, then try to submit on yahoo directory.
- submit your site in article directories, wirte some useful articles that relates to your site contents and then submit them onto free article directories.
- submis your site on to free press release sites.
- submit your site feeds on different feed relevant sites those can take your submission.
- submit your site on different social networks, communities sites, etc.
- do blogging on different blog networks.
- keep reading others blog and get ideas of them. I think people can learn from other experiences.
hope the above bullets can help you in a best way.