As webmasters, we know that stats are addictive. If you're like me, you're checking your stats at least several times an hour.
Come to think of it, this is exactly how I want my site's users to behave. I want them constantly coming back to the site. Why can't they be coming back to check stats of some kind?
Depending on your site, stats can be earnings, profile views, pokes, recogntion, discussion generated, reputation indicators, etc, etc, etc.
What are some sites that you've seen that do a good job at this?
What are some things you would keep in mind to build the ultimate user stats panel?
Here's some of mine:
- Refresh at least once an hour
- Special categories for stats from within the user's network
- Display everything, let the user decide what's important
- Offer filter by date tools
- Track and compare user against top community performers
Any other ideas?