|Freelance web developer, programmer in UK - pref. SE/East Anglia|
| 12:18 pm on Sep 13, 2009 (gmt 0)|
Due to some new business wins and new upcoming projects, we are looking to establish a close working relationship with an additional web developer and programmer.
Our requirements are primarily for:
- CMS systems - either to manage all content on a web site, or for the most frequently changing areas in combination with 'static' content. Usually, we would design a site and work with a developer to ensure that our concept and ideas for functionality can be implemented from a technical perspective. When in design implementation and programming/build phases of a project we would supply either a flat visual template, elements to be used in the build or a combination of both.
- Programming support in connection with online marketing campaigns or 'microsites'.
Most of our clients are B2B organisations and we are a design led business, often producing very structured, 'designed' web sites. We are a small company and prefer to develop a close working relationship with a few trusted and like-minded people. One of our main issues is confidentiality and discretion with the small group of people external to our company. Our clients often insist on us signing Non Disclosure or Confidentiality Agreements and we need to be sure that anyone we work with will not compromise our relationship with our clients.
If this is of interest, I wonder if you could give us some further information on the following please:
- With regards to CMS, do you prefer to design your own technical architecture or use/adapt an existing software package or open source platform? If the latter, could you tell me which CMS 'packages' you prefer to use?
- Could you give us an outline of how your cost a project - is it on a day basis, per project? Do you have an hourly/date rate for more 'ad hoc' programming requirements?
- Please, only permanently freelancers, as opposed to undertaking work to supplement an employed position elsewhere?
- Can you give us an idea of where you are located please?
With respect, we want to develop a close working relationship with the right person/people, so no offshore, non-UK responses please.