homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 54.163.89.8
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Become a Pro Member

Home / Forums Index / Search Engines / Ask - Teoma
Forum Library, Charter, Moderator: open

Ask - Teoma Forum

    
Satisfied with Ask PPC for '07?
a year-end review
Jon_King

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 3537386 posted 2:21 pm on Dec 30, 2007 (gmt 0)

After a year-end review I find Ask results questionable. The Ask reported clicks for our main search term indicate more than Y! and 80% of G. At the same time our server logs show traffic 100 times lower than the other two, this obviously throws up a red flag.

What do you make of this? What is your overall review of Ask performance?

 

SlimKim

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 3537386 posted 6:42 pm on Jan 26, 2008 (gmt 0)

the % of traffic on my main keyword compared with Y /G wouldn't concern me. but the other thing you mention should tell you all you need to know

unless ... maybe what you do is mostly for branding and it's difficult to measure your mwr

no ... regardless if you can't measure mwr, i can't see any way

have you asked the folks at Ask?

bears5122

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 3537386 posted 2:40 am on Feb 7, 2008 (gmt 0)

I'll start by saying they have phenomenal customer support. Easily the best in the business.

The traffic from Ask.com, MySearch, and a couple others in their network are fine. Outside of that, it's riddled with parked domain traffic and 3rd tier PPC networks. They even accept traffic from malware and domain hijacking companies that redirect browsers to random, high profile search phrases. So while 1% of their traffic is high quality, the other 99% is complete and total garbage.

In all honesty, unless you're just playing the arbitrage game, it's probably a waste of time. They really have no standards for partners and your traffic will show.

powerstar

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 3537386 posted 4:00 am on Feb 7, 2008 (gmt 0)

I'll start by saying they have phenomenal customer support. Easily the best in the business.

Really? emails, phone calls never received a respond. I still have a balance on my account and no way to get a refund.

Their traffic is a joke... i will stay a way

bears5122

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 3537386 posted 5:29 pm on Feb 7, 2008 (gmt 0)

Really? emails, phone calls never received a respond. I still have a balance on my account and no way to get a refund.

Phone and e-mail. We cancelled about 6 months ago and had a rep contact us asking how they could get us to come back. She answered e-mails fast, gave us her direct line, and was real helpful.

Their traffic is a joke... i will stay a way

I would agree.

Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  
 

Home / Forums Index / Search Engines / Ask - Teoma
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved