Msg#: 4631640 posted 10:31 pm on Dec 17, 2013 (gmt 0)
A couple of years ago I created a simple script to make it quick and easy to create local domain names for developing sites locally on my system.
For example if I was working on example.com I would create a local site called example.loc
It is a simple php script. Fill out a form and it creates the rest. I type example.loc it checks I havenít already created this domain, if not it stores in in mysql (to prevent dupes).
It then creates the vhost entry in a file called vhosts.conf this file is included into my httpd.conf
It also edits the host file to point the newly created domain to localhost.
It was working fine for years until I did a fresh install on kuduntu. Now when I install my script I get a 403 error for the default domain www.loc.loc (this is the page used to "register" loc domains on the system.
The local sites are all stored in the following location /Home/User/Documents/Websites
It then creates website1 website2 etc etc depending on the name chosen...