| 2:14 pm on Apr 19, 2011 (gmt 0)|
You have missed out the required RewriteEngine On line.
The options line should go near the RewriteEngine On line and you should combine all five lines into one.
Options +FollowSymLinks -Indexes +ExecCGI +Includes -MultiViews
I don't use quotes:
RewriteRule "(^|/)\." - [F]
RewriteRule (^|/)\. - [F]
The |htm|html| pattern simplifies to |html?| in several places.
| 2:41 pm on Apr 19, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Thanks, but that was not it.
I decided to remove all lines one by one and then add them again one by one. And the problem is with the lines:
Header set X-UA-Compatible "IE=Edge,chrome=1" env=ie
Header set imagetoolbar "no" env=ie
When I remove those it works again.
So now I have to figure out why those would trigger a 500?
| 2:52 pm on Apr 19, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Oh. Never mind. It seems the server runs Apache 1.3 :-( wow, dinosaurs.
| 3:07 pm on Apr 19, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Ah, didn't think of that - but do fix the other issues too.
| 3:16 pm on Apr 19, 2011 (gmt 0)|
I will, thanks.
| 7:19 pm on Apr 25, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Apache 1.3.x supports mod_headers, so this is not likely a matter of an old Apache server, but rather of mod_headers not being loaded on this particular server.
First stop after an error is the server error log file, which often tells you exactly what's wrong... I don't see that info posted here.
| 8:01 pm on Apr 25, 2011 (gmt 0)|
It's not the headers module that is the problem it's the environment variables which are not supported in the older Apache version (env=ie) so that was probably the problem.