Msg#: 4091654 posted 7:46 pm on Mar 4, 2010 (gmt 0)
Recently I have started to put my Joomla installs into a subdirectory in my www root. Then, using .htaccess I remove the subdirectory so the url appears that Joomla is installed in the www root, but is not. This is the rewrite I use.
Everything works jim dandy using this. Well, except for search. When I try to use Joomla search I get a 404 error with this odd looking path. /joomla/component/search/test//
Now, if I go to the Joomla rewrite, instead of mod_rewrite the problem goes away. In that case one gets the http://domain-name.com/INDEX.PHP/style/urls/ style urls and I do not want that.
I have tried with a default template as well with the same results. It's definitely the rewrite cond not being just perfect I think. I do not beleive this is a Joomla issue, just me using mod_rewrite wrong. SEF urls are all working fine. I just can't seem to stick my finger on the issue. I have this problem on 2 different servers as well.