Msg#: 3641759 posted 1:51 pm on May 6, 2008 (gmt 0)
> Both parts of the script contain only absolute links.
If that is true, it's difficult to understand why you'd have a problem.
For further investigation, I'd suggest a review of your server error log file, and using a server headers checker such as the "Live HTTP Headers" add-on for Firefox and Mozilla-based browsers. Using these tools, you can get a better view of the requests that the server is receiving, the filepaths that the requested URLs resolve to, and the responses that your server is sending to the client.
Msg#: 3641759 posted 4:36 am on May 7, 2008 (gmt 0)
Thanks for your reply jdMorgan - Nothing shows on the error log I moved the .js into the same folder as the index file and it all works as expected.
There seems to be some unexpected results when calling included files from a sub-domain, but I can't find any "rule of Thumb" to explain so I can understand it. I have had similiar problems in the past with Style sheets not working when requested from the root folder to a sub-domain.
If someone you point me to a solution to this I will be very grateful. (Please do not use tech language to explain) I have read lots of posts/replies about .htaccess and folders, but can't get my head around it because I don't understand the tech terminology.
Msg#: 3641759 posted 6:50 am on May 8, 2008 (gmt 0)
I found most of the answer on a different forum. "the subdomain is a different domain altogether, and relative links will only work within the same webspace" - therefore links to another folder(even though they are on the same server) need to be absolute.