I've been reading lots of threads about this subject and all cases were a litle different from mine and never the less i did try some new ideas posted in this forum. They did not work so were is help request. I've made SSI to work, easy, the problem is with virtual hosts. They just do not run SSI. I did include in the virtual hosts option +Includes, addtype and handler, XBitHack on .... Nothing seem to work, and believe me i've try all combinations, or i believe i did. This was not a problem when i practiced in my win box, but now i've got this linux machine and the same steps are not having the same result. Where should i start looking for the problem?
Sorry if I was not specific enough in my post to be helped. I got it. Iím newbie with apache. Till now Iíve used somebody else server and that way my life has been easy, everything is setup and running I just needed to upload the code, but now Iím trying to assemble my own server so a lot of my questions might sound silly. I was looking in the wrong direction. The problem (apache 1.3.37) is that SSI does not respect the Documentroot set in the virtual container. SSI follows the Documentroot in the general configuration. This behaviour is different from CGI ScriptAlias. ScriptAlias defined in the virtual container is the valid root to CGI and I believed that SSI would follow the same logic, I was wrong! That way and since all my virtual hosts are /home/whatever/ I set my general documentroot like: DocumentRoot /home/ and that cover everybody. Donít know if that is the right way t do it but I think I might get away with it. Thanks all and you jdMorgan.